Swampers BBQ update and current info...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will be in Houston Tuesday Morning, and my cell is (407) 509-0947 if you want to meet me! I will be busy working some DEMA magic with the atendees so be patient with me! :D We will be posting constantly to SB, and I will be monitoring Pete@NetDocInc.com while there!

ReneeC:
...need to find others looking to share a room and car.

Renee,
If you're looking for a bargain in rental cars, you might try Priceline.com. I usually place a bid of $15 a day. After fees and taxes, it's still a bargain.
From a cost-conscious friend,
Foo

Thanks Foo for the suggestion.
I think I have a line a a room to share but if it falls through I will try that. I've used Priceline in the past and got some great deals - just a little leery of what I will get since I don't know Houston.

Renee

I tired to sign in the calendar, but received an error massage. Please count me in + 1

ReneeC:
Thanks Foo for the suggestion.
I think I have a line a a room to share but if it falls through I will try that. I've used Priceline in the past and got some great deals - just a little leery of what I will get since I don't know Houston.

Renee

Yeah, I also use Priceline a lot to book rooms, but it can be a little scary since you don't know which one you're going to get. Of course, with a city like Houston, they will offer different areas of the city, just check the maps. But, I will say that I've usually been very pleasantly surprised in the quality (I rarely bid above $30-40 a night and usually get a Courtyard Marriott or similar quality). Anyway, just thought I'd share what's worked for me, 'cause I love to get a bargain. :wink: Glad you found something that will work! Yall have fun for me.

Foo

NetDoc:
I was actually able to pick my hotel... the Homestead Suites in Galleria.

Oh, did you do one of the priceline packages? I have considered doing that before. Let me know how it works out!
Thanks,
Foo

NetDoc:
I was actually able to pick my hotel... the Homestead Suites in Galleria.

Pete, any property in the Galleria area will be fine it's the traffic that your going to hate.

I decided to get a room since it looks like my friend is being wishy washy! Went on Priceline and got the Hilton Houston Plaza for $50 a night. Only 4 miles away and close to the monorail so I won't need a rental car! I'm pretty happy with that - Hilton's can't be too bad.

I am willing to share the room if anyone is still needing a place to stay. Looking forward to meeting all of you!

See you in Houston!

Renee

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom