Swagelock QC6 source

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zebra 1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Seems like QC6 fittings are becoming kind of a standard at least in the US. The prices I'm seeing ($300.00 a set) seem exorbitant for what they are. Anyone know a good source with better pricing?

Light Monkey or Fathom. You can buy direct from Swagelock but will need adapters or to mill yourself.

I get the adapters through Pirahna dive and the QC6’s through swagelok or UTD scuba diving.

Seems like QC6 fittings are becoming kind of a standard at least in the US. The prices I'm seeing ($300.00 a set) seem exorbitant for what they are. Anyone know a good source with better pricing?

$300 for a set of what exactly?

Don't get the ones that need an adapter. They're ok, but just one more failure point. As Grant said, get them from Fathom Dive Systems or Light Monkey. They machine them to go straight onto a hose with no adapter.

If you want full adapters then swagelok is always typically cheaper, but you will need the adapters.

Dive Right In Scuba: Male, Female, adapters. Full set $300 plus tax.

That seems steep. Are these the DESO with a female connecting to a supply side LP hose at 3/8” and male connecting to a feed side LP 9/16”?

Don't get the ones that need an adapter. They're ok, but just one more failure point. As Grant said, get them from Fathom Dive Systems or Light Monkey. They machine them to go straight onto a hose with no adapter.

NPT fittings are stupid, but it’s foolproof. I think machined native fittings are great but the NPT + adapter version give you more flexibility to setup QCs as you need without having to buy specific fittings for each.

That seems steep. Are these the DESO with a female connecting to a supply side LP hose at 3/8” and male connecting to a feed side LP 9/16”?
The reverse is typical. Male goes on the tank side, female on the BOV or ADV etc side.

There are non-valved QC6s. So be careful if you order direct from swagelok as the ones without valves are not very useful for diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom