Suunto Gekko - Dive Download ????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kftjammer, it shouldn't matter what cable you use. USB should work just as well as serial if not easier, sounds like there is something else wrong??

My Gekko works fine with an EBay usb cable and WinXP. Are you sure your cable is working? Is it a connection issue with the contacts, etc?

When you have the Gekko in PC mode are the little triangles (at the bottom above the buttons) flashing alternately? If not the Gekko is not sending data.

I power up the Gekko and plug the interface in the back of the Gekko. I then connect the USB connection to my computer. I cycle the gekko until i get to "PC SET" the buttons "plan" and "time" has triangles above them. At the "mode" button is "select"...I press the mode/select button. The triangles go away and do not flash. I press the "do it" on the Gekko2Vyper and still get the interface is not detected. I hope this helps. How can I check if the cable is working properly or the connections are working. Thanks for all your help folks..

How can I check if the cable is working properly or the connections are working.

Easy, hook it up to Suunto's SDM program - if that reports something like "Invalid Computer" instead of "can't find", than everything is working.

You need to install the USB drivers for the cable.
Also, make sure you have selected the correct com port!

If the arrows on the Gekko don't flash ( after you press 'DoIt') than there is something wrong in the connection. Clean both the Divecomputer's pins as well as the interface with a soft pencil eraser and try again. That connection is rather finicky.

If all else fails, I recommend contacting 'CIBDiving', just use the Email link on the LiquidImagePhoto.com web site. He has always been happy to help in the past.

You need to install the USB drivers for the cable.
Also, make sure you have selected the correct com port!

I have the ebay USB cable, and it should have come with a mini CD that has the drivers on it. Those must be installed.

Ok duh!!!! me. I borrowed the interface/USB cable from a friend of mine. He did not give me the drivers for the interface cable. OK, so you need the drivers for the cable in order for the interface to work. lol how stupid. I won't see my friend for a bit, is there anywhere I can find the divers for the interface cable....or is it best the just buy one on ebay...I like the serial connector because it is less expensive...Which one would you recommended. I only see the ones coming from Germany. Thank you for everyone that has helped me. Jim

I like the serial connector because it is less expensive...Which one would you recommended.
As more and more new computers come out without classic serial ports, the USB cables become more and more worthwhile. (My laptop does not have a serial port, for example, and it's the very machine I download to most often.)

I went to the custom idea website. The driver does not work with my Suunto interface cable. Does anyone out there have a site or driver for the Suunto interface cable. Sorry for being a pain I am new to all this and just starting out. You ALL have been very helpful. Thank you

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom