Suunto Gekko - Dive Download ????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I took three of the computers (one cobra, one gekko, one vyper)diving yesterday in the St. Clair River, 27 ft for 42 min, and all three recorded the dive correctly in the log. I didn't mention in the earlier post that aftre I "erased" the computers that a "strange dive" appeared in each of the computers log. On the Cobra it numbered the dive #27 start time of 10:07AM at 26ft for 19 min and a date of 05/16/54 and using 8% Oxygen. All the other computers have a similar reading with the same dive #27. Has this happened to anybody else that has erased thier logbook using the program.

Rainer:
Yes, the sampling can be changed to 10 second intervals. Yes, it works. Also, really no need to erase the memory (you can); just don't DL those dives.

Anyone care to enlighten me as to where this can be set? I'd like to change it from the factory set 30 second sampling.

-H

CFDAlden:
Anyone care to enlighten me as to where this can be set? I'd like to change it from the factory set 30 second sampling.

-H
With SDM running and your dive computer connected, look at the left hand side of the window. There you will see logbook (below file view actions help), below that you will see Dive Computer. In the box below dive computer you will see an icon with the name of your computer (Cobra, Vyper, etc.) and its ser. # left click on the ser# and it will change the box to the right to Dive computer settings. On the far right you will be able to change the sample rate. I hope this helps:wink:

guggie:
Not related to this thread at all and only in Spanish.
As a rule, don't reply to spammers. I'm sure more than a few of us hit the "Report" button, and you can see the spammer and his posts (when I left home this morning, he was at seven and counting) are gone. Unfortunately, since you quoted his spam in your reply to him, it's still here.

If you don't mind, edit your post at least to delete his spam link.

CMAN:
With SDM running and your dive computer connected, look at the left hand side of the window. There you will see logbook (below file view actions help), below that you will see Dive Computer. In the box below dive computer you will see an icon with the name of your computer (Cobra, Vyper, etc.) and its ser. # left click on the ser# and it will change the box to the right to Dive computer settings. On the far right you will be able to change the sample rate. I hope this helps:wink:

Ahhh, thank you. I was missing the "connect the DC" part. Doh!

Figures you need to have it connected to change it!

Geeze... I'm such a :dork2: !

:D

Yes, like I said, I have used it before on one computer and I didn't notice any problem. The reason I erased them was because it was taking too long to down load the to SDM. I am going to try and dive them tomorrow (if the weather permits) so I will see if it was just the first dive after erasing or if it fails to log any other dives.

Any updates? I see there is a new version of DCeraser available and am wondering what is different and if it fixed the problem you found. I see there is also a new version of Gekko2vyper. Not sure what is new with that either.

Any updates? I see there is a new version of DCeraser available and am wondering what is different and if it fixed the problem you found. I see there is also a new version of Gekko2vyper. Not sure what is new with that either.

I have used the computers on three or four dives since the "missing" dive and they have recorded every dive with no problems.

Hi, I am new to diving and I am really love "blowing bubbles". Looks like I found a good site in Scuba Board. I just bought a Gekko because of this posting. Like I said I am a newby, so bear with me with the stupid questions. The Suunto website for the SDM, which download so I use for the Gekko2Vyper program? Onto the Gekko2Vyper program. I have download the program in this site. You plug the program into your interface to the dive computer and then to the desk top computer. Open the download and do you use the com1 or com3 port? Do you convert to the gekko or the vyper? Then click the "do it"? Is that all I need to do to get it into the log book. I am looking forward to all your help in my future diving.
Jim

I'm at work, but let me see if I can remember this off the top of my head.

1: Plug your cable into your Gekko.
2: Power your Gekko up
3: Plug cable into your computer.
4: Your computer should give you some "New Hardware Detected" message. Cancel this.
5: Launch the Gekko2Vyper program.
6: Use whatever com port that will work. It will give you an error if you have the wrong port selected. Something along the lines of "Device not Found".
7: Once the Gekko2Vyper program converts the Gekko, you'll be good to go. Follow the first three steps, and launch SDM instead of Gekko2Vyper to read your computer.

I hope I got those in the right order!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom