Suunto Gekko - Dive Download ????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ya those are the same ones I found as well, I was just hoping that I could findem cheaper somewhere else :)

The Ac/dc computer is a joke.

"SDM" stands for 'Suunto Dive Manager' - it's suunto's dive log software. Suunto has left the download capability out of the Geeko but only in the SDM. The computer itself has an interface port and stores the profile data, just like all the other models do. You just can't read it out with the SDM is all. That's about to change, A couple of third party divelogs are going to support direct suunto downloads ( currently most just 'import' of the data after it's been downloaded with suunto's software ). Because they don't use suunto's software they WILL download from gekkos. If you wish to use suunto's software AND download a Gekko, you must fool the software into thinking it's talking to something other than a gekko.

I have a small program that does just that. It makes the gekko report to the SDM that it's a vyper. It 'Fools' the SDM into downloading it's data. It's also a completely safe thing and it's reversable.

http://home.gci.net/~liquidimagephoto/Other Free Stuff/Gekko2vyper.zip

For some reason I can't get the page to open. I guess that shows how computer savyy I am. I might need a lot of help with this.

I wish I came to these forums sooner.

I've had a gekko for the past 18 months with about 70 dives on it, dose hooking it up to the computer download all the dives saved in the history or just the logbook? I'm gona pick up one of the cables from ebay and give this a shot. And to think I was just thinking of upgrading to a vyper to have access to the pc software too, :rofl3:

Thank you for access to this software :eyebrow:

It will download everything in your computer. You should have all the data from all 70 dives.

what kind of cable do I need, and can I get it from ebay

I've had a gekko for the past 18 months with about 70 dives on it, does hooking it up to the computer download all the dives saved in the history or just the logbook?
It will download everything in your computer. You should have all the data from all 70 dives.
To be specific, you can only download dives still in the logbook. The "history" info is just a single running counter of dives and total time, without any details about the dives that went into it. The download function downloads the profile data, which only comes from the "logbook" section.

Any dive still reachable in the logbook section will be downloadable. For some people, 70 dives do not constitute enough bottom time, and therefore enough dive profile data, to fill the logbook memory, hence the previous comment. For me, 70 dives is more than enough to easily overflow the memory (considering I've had shallow 3-hour dives, which to the Gekko are each like six half-hour dives), so data from 70 dives would *not* fit in the memory on *my* Gekko. :biggrin:

hi is there anybody that has the download for the Suunto Gekko that enables the Gekko for downloading so it fool the SDM its a vyper please help bob

hi is there anybody that has the download for the Suunto Gekko that enables the Gekko for downloading so it fool the SDM its a vyper please help bob

Look at previous post, #263. Search is you best friend :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom