Suunto Gekko - Dive Download ????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks I got the download. Now, what is the route to follow to get this to work? I have SDM open and running, the gekko to vyper is open and running, i have the usb/serial cable connected to laptop and dive computer, BUT when i try to run it the SDM tells me it can't find device. I have no trouble using SDM to get my log data from my Cobra2.

You only run Gekko2vyper once as a stand alone program. Hook up your gekko to your cable and pc. Then run gekko2vyper. Choose the correct comport (the same one that you use for your cobra2 when you use it with sdm). I can't remember if you need to set the gekko to some specific screen or not. You'll have to experiment. Click "Do it" and you're done. Then close the program and open up sdm, pick the comport, and it should find your gekko as a vyper.

Remember to have the computer on, and put into the PC mode, as well.

You may have to try several of the ports on the pulldown list, as well.

You may have to try several of the ports on the pulldown list, as well.

If you are using a USB cable.
You can unplug the cable from the PC and check the drop down list. Then plug the cable back in and check the list again. The new port in the list is the correct one.

Thanks everyone. The sequence for me is to 1- clean boot my laptop, 2-attach usb/serial cable to laptop and Gekko, 3- set Gekko to PC mode, 4- Run Gekko2Vyper program and then exit it, 5- open SDM and run download wizard selecting Vyper and COM-Port.

Hi folks, I'm using a serial cable rather than a USB and although I've managed to get a successful download happening on my son's computer I'm unable to get anything happening on 3 other PCs that I've tried! I keep getting the error message 'Device Type 1 not found' each time I run the Gekko2Vyper.exe! I'm using v3.0 of the exe dated april 08. Has anyone else experienced the same error message?

Thanks in advance

David

Ok so I've read through the threads and was wondering what the usb or serial cable looks like (I am cable challenged). I read thread # 260 as suggested, to see what they look like on ebay. The links to cables for sale have expired & no longer worked. Will someone please post what these look like...Thank you :)

Chace

Ok so I've read through the threads and was wondering what the usb or serial cable looks like (I am cable challenged). I read thread # 260 as suggested, to see what they look like on ebay. The links to cables for sale have expired & no longer worked. Will someone please post what these look like...Thank you :)

Chace

Uhh, just do a search on EBay for suunto vyper cable and you'll see multiple cables for sale.

Here's one

USB PC Interface for SUUNTO Vytec Cobra Vyper Mosquito - eBay (item 140247395470 end time Jul-10-08 04:53:01 PDT)

8d29_1.JPG

thanks guggie. I didn't know I was looking for a viper cable & that is why I asked.

thanks guggie. I didn't know I was looking for a viper cable & that is why I asked.
Glad to help. I purchased the one from the seller in the link I posted. It arrived in just a few days (3?) from Germany to CT. Works great on my Vyper and Gekko!

Back
Top Bottom