Suunto Gekko - Dive Download ????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sunnto USB drivers are free to download on the Suunto site.

You guys are sooooo awesome I was able to email CIBDiving' and he got me to the right site to download the driver, and guess what it works. That is sooo cool, you all are the best. Now the gekko does not have a light, right?
If I want to erase what is on the my gekko, is there a way to do it.
thanks to you again...the greatest

No, the Gekko has no back light. You can "charge" the face of the Gekko with a dive light, which will cause the face to glow, making a nice back light.

CIBDiving also has a program on his site to clear the Gekko. I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head, though.

[edit - found it!]

Suunto Eraser - NEW VERSION! 2.3.2.59 A Program to Erase the dive data in a Suunto Dive Computer.
This version rewrites all profile memory to factory spec. This program does not yet work with D models or newer.
Also, there have been a number of reports of problems clearing Vypers with firmware version 33.
This new program is designed to get around that - At the expence of not restoring memory to factory new specs.

Could you please update or check the URL that is posted. It states that the "webpage is expired".

Thank you for your help!

Guggie,

Thanks for the link. Do you happen to have the Suunto Gekko down load software or link?

Thank you CIBDivng!

Thanks to all who have posted on this thread. The Q and A over 257 posts was all I needed to convince me to buy a Gekko and learn how to make it work for me. Please don't be afraid to ask a question that may have already been asked. Sometimes we need a second opinion or a more detailed answer. Sometimes we just missed the post. Sometimes some people just need to be quiet and let helpful people help.

Again, thanks!

This is great stuff! Does anyone have a good source for the USB cable?

Back
Top Bottom