Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did a quick side by side in direct sunlight. Perdix was a bit difficult to read but legible. Eon screen looked completely black.

Not trying to be argumentative - just helping out those who are weighing options.

Attachments

• 20201014_111218.jpg
    20201014_111218.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 96
  • 20201014_112433.png
    20201014_112433.png
    313.5 KB · Views: 109
I have the option of buying one of these with the transmitter new for about $725 shipped. Has anyone found a solution for the glare issue yet? How about some kind of matte screen protector?

Also needs to be noted that Suunto is notoriously conservative. Good news is that you can set the settings to aggressive on the Eon Core and Bob's your uncle. You are good to go.

It would smoke more if you could use the thing in sunlight.

Hahaha. I haven't had a problem since I started wearing it on the inside of my wrist, but your position is noted. I think now that I'm looking at it angled/up it's not a problem, but looking down at the screen in sunlight is a real issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom