Suunto D9 problem, can't enter Dive mode, goes back to Time mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paco II

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
When I try to enter dive mode, the D9 makes a half chirp (not the normal chirp), and then immediately goes back to Time mode. There is no low battery warning/icon or anything.

Has anyone had this issue? Is it just a low battery?

I have had 2 d9's. The first one I had for a couple hundred dives....then got "lost in transit" while being sent away for a battery change. And I got a free replacement by suunto and have had my new one for about another couple of hundred dives. ut I have had not one single problem with the both of them. When my battery icon comes on I send it to get a new battery. But I have never heard of your issue before. I would send it to Suunto for them to look at it.
They are pretty good about that kind of thing in Australia anyway.
Good luck!!

Try to dump it in a bucket with water (a large glass will also do for this purpose) and remove it after 1 minute. The ACW indication should come on on the upper right hand corner of the display, indicating that the D9 wet contacts are working. The computer should not go into dive mode, however, because it has to reach a depth of 1,5 meter before that happens. Let us know what happens.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom