Problem with Scubapro Galileo G2 mode SOS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

olivier67

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Today I dived on Ouessant island, 40m 30mn with 5mn deco at 3m. When I surfaced I realized that the computer switched to SOS mode telling me that I did not respect the deco mandatory steps.
It is my 8th five with this computer. My profile was normal and my partner followed same dive pattern with no warnings.
Did anyone experience similar issue. I suspect a problem with the computer although only 9 month old… thanks for your inputs

Did you get a cleared deco notice? I assume you did not get a missed deco stop warning. Have you examined the log for warnings and alarms?

So @olivier67

Your computer believes you missed a deco stop and put you into violation gauge mode. Did you examen the dive graph?

I'm unfamiliar Scubapro, my Shearwater Teric very clearly shows deco and clearance of deco, the red bar at the top of the graph

1695751210149.png

Thanks. I did a deco of 5mn so clearly I did not break any safety rule & my binom computer following same profile did not indicate any issue.
1695751488302.png

Hi @olivier67

Can you display your deco on the graph to show clearance? Or can you show your status at various points on the dive such as in deco and then clearance?

1695751980351.png

SB would only allow 1 file per post (continued below)

1695752070968.png

If your computer alarms are correct, it behaved correctly. If you cleared deco before surfacing, the computer is in error. It would help you deal with Scubapro if you had evidence of the latter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom