Suunto D9/D6 Recall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Charlie59

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone sent in there Suunto D9/D6 yet? I just sent mine off and was told it wouldn't take long to get back. The latest edition of Undercurrent says it should be about 2 weeks. They also said the dive data would not be lost, is that right?

I have about 40 dives with my D9 and love it. In fact I kind of miss it.:(

sorry for spelling their as there. undercurrent also says that "grey market" D9/D6 will be repaired for free on this recall, thought that was interesting.

Nice service, what's the recall about?

Software glitch that can cause computer to loose track of dive time and underestimate nitrogen loading. Estimated to occur in 1 of 167 dives. The fix is to reprogram computer.

Charlie59:
Anyone sent in there Suunto D9/D6 yet? I just sent mine off and was told it wouldn't take long to get back. The latest edition of Undercurrent says it should be about 2 weeks. They also said the dive data would not be lost, is that right?

I shipped mine to Suunto about a week ago and received a confirmation call from Suunto after it arrived. Speaking with the CSR, it sounds like there is a 5-6 week turn around time, or at least that's what they're stating at this point. They are flexible on this and will return it to you early if you need, but without the updates.

According to the website, the servicing comes with a few perks including a free battery change and pressure testing. - http://www.suuntoservice.com/safetynotice/diving/

Charlie59:
sorry for spelling their as there. undercurrent also says that "grey market" D9/D6 will be repaired for free on this recall, thought that was interesting.

I don't imagine Suunto could have it any other way. It would be rather bad PR if someone died or was seriously hurt because Suunto refused to service their computer simply because they bought it from a website without knowing better.

Wow, I had not heard of the prior recall. Makes me feel all warm inside, or is that nausea?

It took two and a half weeks to get my D6 back. I did, however, lose all of my dives that were stored on it. I had about 20 in the log, and when it came back - they were gone. Bummer.

H - the IslandCowgirl

got my D9 back in two weeks. I still have all my dives on it.. + the pressure tests... down to 130 ft in 1:40 sec down for 7 min and up to
20 feet in 1min.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom