Suunto D9 broken pressure sensor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi community
I'm new to this forum but hope somebody can help with my request.
At my last dive computer battery change (Suunto D9) I was told that they cannot complete the pressure test as the sensor is coming up with an error message.
The technician said he tried to source another pressure sensor but couldn't find one and Suunto has discontinued the D9 and doesn't provide spare parts for it anymore.

I'm very disappointed as this is a very high end and expensive dive computer and apart from that I just like it very much.
I now try everything to source the part myself and am hoping that someone out there has an idea where I could get another sensor to fix my computer.

I'm grateful for any suggestion. Thank you in advance.

Sabine

The pressure sensor on one of my older Suuntos packed in last year. I normally only use it attached to my camera housing in gauge mode as a secondary back up.

I was told by the local agent that the cost of replacing the sensor was not much cheaper than buying I new computer so I ditched it.

FYI my primary computer and back up are both Shearwaters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom