Suunto D4/D6/D9 - New (non-oem) watch strap option! Finally!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice product for sure . I just enquired as to fitting a d4 , they are currently advertising d6 and d9 only ... fingers crossed as my strap is starting to fatigue.

A comment from someone using my Adapters in Cosumel...

Nice letter from George who has a D9, and just came back from Cozumel today,

I've been back for a bit now just trying to relax from the diving in Cozumel. It was a busy time for them there.

The D9 just felt so secure and comfortable. It was a good feeling. The one thing I noticed was that I wore the D9 more as a watch when I wasn't diving than I have before. The metal band is a lot easier to put on, but definitely not as comfortable.

Anyway, as promised, here's some pics. Unfortunately the dive shop that had a big Canadian flag in the window but they had to remove it.

Thanks again,
George

PS:Lots of people were asking me about my D9 as well. No one actually had one though, but from the sounds of it people were interested for other computers. I think people like the idea of not losing an expensive device :)

I'm definitely satisfied with the adapters. You can quote me on that :-

) IMG_1103.jpeg IMG_1107.jpeg IMG_1210.jpeg

also wondering if this will fit the D4
was just about to buy a strap as mine has been broken for some time now please pm me if its available as the thread title says D4/d6/d9

dungY

Just wanted to tell you about my experience with the Tibby adapter on the D9.

Ordering was a breeze and the package arrived about 2 weeks after I ordered. I think Duke sent it out the day I ordered it. Great turn-around time, actually (may have been sooner but I don't remember!).

Installation went fine but yes, be careful about stripping out the screws. Read the directions and be gentle!

And since I put it on, did 25+ dives with it and not a single problem. Absolutely loved it - very secure and stays put. I don't wear the watch for anything but diving (it's HUGE on me!), but I'm really, really pleased. And Duke - you were absolutely fantastic in communication and keeping in touch with me.

Highly, highly recommend this product. You won't go wrong.

Cheers Thiad,
It's great to hear you like the Adapters,

Duke,
does it fit for D4? Title of this thread says this is for D4/D6/D9 but the ad says only for D6 and D9,
K,

I just received my Tibby adapters for my Suunto D9 today. I was very impressed by their fit, finish, and quality - all of which absolutely blew me away!! I have both the Suunto rubber and titanium bands for my D9 and, now that I have the Tibby adapters, I doubt that either will ever be used again. I mounted the adapters on my D9 and attached a 24mm Maratac 2-piece Zulu band in olive drab (I have a black one and several Waterborne straps that I may use as well). I may even use some of the many bands in my collection for my Panerai watches (which are also 24mm). One of my issues with Suunto has always been the non-standard bands that eventually become unavailable. The Tibby adapters allow you to use any 24mm watchband for almost infinite possibilities. They fit so perfect that I have trouble believing that Sunnto didn't make them..

In addition, Duke was great to work with. I think he put my order in the mail within minutes of my placing it. Even from Thailand to the US, the shipping was surprisingly fast. When I add a D6 to my collection of dive computers, i will order the adapters from Duke for it. If he made them for a Spyder or Stinger (which, of course are not needed - unusual for Suunto), I'd buy them as well. I think that he has a great product that is worth a lot more that he is charging.

Many many thanks Duke!!

Dan

Duke,
does it fit for D4? Title of this thread says this is for D4/D6/D9 but the ad says only for D6 and D9,
K,

we (and by we, I mean I...) am trying to keep up with the emails, Shipping and get the D4 version done now.
It's just in the development phase, and with the D6, and D9 it was pretty easy, and the D4/D4i and New D9i wont be easy at all.
The process last time from here till we had something that was a good first go, was a year and a half.

So no holding your breath. and I'm making no promises at this point.
As it sits, we "May" be able to produce the D4,s. but it will probably involve injection moulding with a type of Delryn plastic to match the watch.
Even if that's possible, I will have to come up with a huge chunk of change to get the moulds made.
Since I make my living diving, we are not talking about high wages here, so if nothing else the Cash may hold back the production.
But I'm giving it a go.
I hope that helps,

Cheers
Duke

Great news for those of us who loathe the flimsy & expensive straps on the new Suunto range. I normally don't promote products on here, but this was really something that I've been waiting for several years to make! :D

Tibby Adapter - Screws into the Suunto watch housing and allows the use of conventional watch straps (although they do a very nice heavy-duty nylon commercial-style strap). D6 available now. D9 to follow (in titanium).

Products - Tibby Adapters

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I'm not on commission, but I may seek to distribute these in the Philippines, once I've had a hands-on test with my D9 (soon I hope!)

I just bought the tibby at Duke Vince, I must be confessed very happy to a part of the shipment (same day) and the seriousness of the transaction to put the package 21 days to reach France and Duke in was there for me every moment locate the package.
The product is really very good quality (same quality as the box) I forgot my bracelets soon Elastomer Suunto.

One address: Fix your Broken Suunto strap with Tibby adapters - Straps and accessories for your Suunto Dive Computers and watches

bravo

Phil

Back
Top Bottom