Suunto D4/D6/D9 - New (non-oem) watch strap option! Finally!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am so excited that they are working on Tibby-Adapters for D4. But what about D4i? I am using the D4i. Will the new adapter for D4 works on D4i as well? Mine is a WHITE D4i. Hope that there is a matching adapter for D4i WHITE. Thanks.
Really great news to hear this.
When I bought the D4i, I was told that the original rubber stap for D4i is an improved version of the D4 and will not break that easily.
Mine D4i strap just broke on the 23 month. I did not use it frequently only for 2 dive trips and most of the time I place it in the original box. When I just took it out and check. The strap became brittle and broke off from every part I touch. I was told Suunto do not warranty the strap although the warranty for the D4i was 24 months. Is it true?

---------- Post added December 9th, 2013 at 11:11 AM ----------

Bad news for D4/D4i users. Tibby Adapters decided not to make the adapter for the D4 (and D4i).

-----
Sorry we have decided not to make an adapter for the D4.

Cheers,
Duke

Duke Vince
www.tibby-adapters.com
Sphere Diving Systems LTD. Co

So, I just purchased a D9 with a tibby adapter/strap. I'm curious why it uses spring bars if you thread the strap though anyway? Has anyone had problems with theirs since all these positive comments? Just looking for some updates. I'm pretty excited that I found one already equipped.

You should look at the "How to install the D9 Adapters Page, as well as the "News" Page so you can avoid any problems.
and if you want to see comments, Check out the Tibby-Adapters facebook page, lots of customer pics and comments, nothing added by me either, just a whole bunch of happy folks.

If anyone has anything negative to say, post that as well, I may respond. but it will be honest, I promise you that!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom