Suunto D4/D6/D9 - New (non-oem) watch strap option! Finally!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Great news for those of us who loathe the flimsy & expensive straps on the new Suunto range. I normally don't promote products on here, but this was really something that I've been waiting for several years to make! :D

Tibby Adapter - Screws into the Suunto watch housing and allows the use of conventional watch straps (although they do a very nice heavy-duty nylon commercial-style strap). D6 available now. D9 to follow (in titanium).

Products - Tibby Adapters

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I'm not on commission, but I may seek to distribute these in the Philippines, once I've had a hands-on test with my D9 (soon I hope!)

Looks like a high quality product too ... one a good enough that Sunnto should have made it :wink:
Nice going Duke :)

Talk to Tibby about adding a line of Velcro straps as well as the buckles...Like Oceanic has...I use one on an Atom 2.0 and it's almost as convenient as a bungee mount....Last I was informed it would be about the middle of Dec. for the D9 straps...There are 12 divers I know of who really want to try them...They're really disgusted w/Sunnto and their lack of response to the problem.......Don't be surprised if you get a flood of orders when they first come out, especially since it'll be just before Xmas.....

Sounds good to me :)
The only problem I can see is the post during that time of year sucks

You know about the Velcro straps, to be Honest, I doubt if I will ever sell them, I have had too many of them screw up after only a short time.
I also know a Diver in Vancouver who bent the crap out of his hand with a Velcro strap he tightened at the bottom, and didn't notice how it was getting tight as his suit expanded while he Ascended.

Anyone can hurt themselves with almost anything, however that's not why I wouldn't like to make a Velcro strap, for me its a durability issue.
I only want to make and sell something that is basically Bulletproof / Bombproof, and I have had issues with Velcro in the past, and I don't want to deal with unhappy customers.

If you do want a velcro strap, Trident makes one with an expansion buckle, that is at least safer than ones that dont expand.
At least they used to sell one, you'll have to check on that.

BTW, the strap width is 24 MM, so you would have a bit of play unless you get something custom worked up.

Cheers
Duke

Mine arrived on the weekend and I'm wearing the watch again now.

They work as advertised and look like they came with the watch.

Bruce

Cheers Bruce, Glad you like them :)

Those look so sweet that if I had a D4, D6, D9, I would just HAVE to have one of those even if the stock strap wasn't subject to breaking :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom