Suunto Algorithm News

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wonder what that (tweaked) means. My sales rep went out of his way to remind one and all just how “aggressive” the new algorithm is. I doubt that he actually understands it at all.

I wonder what that (tweaked) means. My sales rep went out of his way to remind one and all just how “aggressive” the new algorithm is. I doubt that he actually understands it at all.

Since their algorithms have always been proprietary, I doubt that anybody does, except maybe the guys who wrote the code.

I've got some diving booked for Dec - my usual aggressive profiles. If the new update is ready for download I'll put it against my perdix and report back.

My current actual experience (and Eon and a Perdix being worn and monitored) is that even for repetitive diving the Current Fused RGBM at -2 (most aggressive) is as similar to 45/95 as makes no difference.

I've got some diving booked for Dec - my usual aggressive profiles. If the new update is ready for download I'll put it against my perdix and report back.

My current actual experience (and Eon and a Perdix being worn and monitored) is that even for repetitive diving the Current Fused RGBM at -2 (most aggressive) is as similar to 45/95 as makes no difference.
The 200 foot air dive described in the presentation would be in Full RGBM, as the transition from Technical RGBM would be complete at about 180 feet. The behavior of Full RGBM may be quite different than Technical RGBM. It looks like there have been significant changes made in Full RGBM between Fused and Fused2 RGBM. It appears technical RGBM may not have been altered.

Look forward to more of your deco algorithm comparisons, thanks

One more note, in case I didn't make it clear first time around.
Once Fused RGBM 2 update is released, it is not an optional version. Any update done on a Fused RGBM computer will include this update. If for some reason you don't want the updated version, you would have to cease doing any updates at all.

Has there been any other updates on this? Been almost a year since the announcement of the inclusion of Buhlmann ....

The RGBM 2 for Eon Steel was supposed to be available months ago... Anyone can share any info?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom