Suunto Algorithm News

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, it is not. They are hoping the two releases will be in Q1 and in Q2 next year, but I forget which is first. (I posted that news in a DEMA thread somewhere, if you want to search) And, no guarantees on timing.

I've just updated my EON Core with the new version 2.0 without any problems. I see that the algorithm is Fused RGBM 2 now. There is a new option: continuous decompression, or 3-m steps.

I compared Fused RGBM 2 (personal=0) with Buhlmann GF. As an example, I used a 50 m dive with the 15 min bottom time. For simplicity, I used 10 m/min for the ascend/descent rate.

DM5 shows this profile for Fused RGBM 2 (personal=0):

RGBM2_50_m_15_min_graph.jpg

In the tabular form:

RGBM2_50_m_15_min.jpg

I played with the GF values and it seems that GF 50/80 is the closest match:

GF_50_80.jpg

My conclusion:

Fused RGBM 2 (personal=0) is similar to ZHL16-C + GF 50/80

Reactions: Jay
You should, for context also say what the personal conservatism setting was, since without this quoting a GF is a bit meaningless.

For instance I know thorough many 100's of actual dives that the original Fused RGBM when set at P-2 conservatism is pretty close to GF 45/95 on my Perdix (both computers running side by side). If anything 45/95 is marginally more conservative, but not significantly so

Fused RGBM 2 (P0) = ZHL16-C + GF 50/80
is for the default personal setting P=0.

RGBM Fused 2 (P-1) = ZNLC-GF 50/85
is for P=-1 (more aggressive).

RGBM Fused 2 (P1) = ZNLC-GF 40/75
is for P=1 (more conservative).

Of cause, it's the approximate comparison. This time I increased the BT a bit, I used Depth=50 m, Bottom Time=20 min, Ascend/Descent=10 m/min.

Back
Top Bottom