Survival Kit for Basic Divers on SB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep, it's all true except we were 60 miles offshore (diving the Fantastico).

True story.... my hand to Deepstops.... guy shows up w/ OMS bungied wing, split fins, wetsuit and borrowed dbl 95's for his first dive in them 20 miles off shore in the Gulf...

He jumps in, swims to the anchor line and starts descent... he had his bungied dbl wing all cinched down for diving on single tanks and didn't let any slack out... went to inflate and pop.... the elbow totally pulls out of the wing... His buddy, waves him off and continues his dive to 110' as he grabs the anchor line and hauls himself to the surface as he's seriously overweighted. He reaches the ladder huffing and puffing like he just swam in Indy 500 and says 'guys need a little help here' and we all jump to get him onboard....

Two comments overheard...... I **** you not....
"guess I'm going to need to get that dbl bladder wing" :lotsalove:

And... because we're on site for 6 hours and 3 dives....
B - "how about you borrow my BP/w and go do your dive"
J - "I don't like to borrow other peoples gear" :shakehead:
C - "well - his gear is guaranteed not to kill you...." :D :popcorn:

:surrender:

So I am thinking of diving my 2 steel 120's to extend my bottom time. I will be diving with my SeaQuest BCD and 3mm shorty.....should I sling them both or is there an adapter to hold them together? Where would a DIR configuration have me mount my Spare Air?

on ebay...

on ebay...

WHOA there buddy. Is this a funny DIR language? Is an ebay like a D clip or something? Since I am at the top 'o' the lhit list, maybe I should NOT :poke:. Sorry Tim :burnout:

:popcorn:

Do I have enough logged dives to be even be posting on this forum? :idk:
:outtahere:letsparty:

That depends. Do you log Aquarium dives? And Why?

I have just completed my Discover Scuba. When do you think I could get into cave diving? I have Halcyon underpants.

Call your SPG Brass and Glass it makes your air OOOPPPs I mean your gas last longer.

Use only stainless clips , because brass is used to describe your SPG.(even if your gear never touches salt water)

Throw away your rubber or silicone fin straps and get some fancy spring straps. Your wasting your buddies valuable dive time. You have very limited time to dive.

Do not use mask drops of any kind, it causes pollution, only use spit from a certified diver. Of course the higher thier certification the more vis you will have.

Never admit to wanting to try any other gear that is not DIR approved. It will Kill you just touching it.

Wearing alum doubles will get you killed . Between the bouyancy and the weight belt needed
the spasms in your lower back muscles will make you swim in circles.

See you topside! John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom