Survival Kit for Basic Divers on SB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

See there you just haven't gotten the idea of this thread. If they spew this, they're already past the Basic Scuba Discussion area, and this wouldn't get them into trouble as much as it would lend to they're board credibility... Think, man... Think!

Posted via Mobile Device

Ok, Ok - I get it. How about....

Asking which PADI speciality you should do next is akin to admitting you are prepared to eat baby dolphins for fun.

The fact that you're considering split fins and not Force fins leads be to believe you have no business being near the water. You need to sign up for a Rescue course... NOW!!! Until then, I have no use for you. :talktothehand:
Good day, sir! :scorned:
:depressed: but the kid at my LDS where I bought it said force fins are for suckers, and they are cheap, so I bouhgt the 250.00 splits, more is better is what he said.
Ok, Ok - I get it. How about....

Asking which PADI speciality you should do next is akin to admitting you are prepared to eat baby dolphins for fun.

Is that like eating Shark fin soup?

NOW!!! Until then, I have no use for you. :talktothehand:

You had a use for him before this? :D

now you're catching on. Expand on this a bit and I think it can be added...
Posted via Mobile Device

YER Gonna Dye.....isn't that how they usually talk?

I cannot exactly call this an off topic post considering my Hello Kitty post :rofl3: but is your intent with this post to start an agency debate? Or slam those that are PADI trained? Or perhaps PADI instructors? Just curious.

None of the above, as I am PADI trained and a DM (yes, I know I have no chance of surviving my next pool dive). Merely pointing out that there can often be the slightest whiff of a hint of a subtle nuance of PADI bashing on SB. A bit. Sometimes.

:depressed: but the kid at my LDS where I bought it said force fins are for suckers, and they are cheap, so I bouhgt the 250.00 splits, more is better is what he said.

Are you still here?! I SAID GOOD DAY, SIR!!!:scorned:

The fact that you're considering split fins and not Force fins leads be to believe you have no business being near the water. You need to sign up for a Rescue course... NOW!!! Until then, I have no use for you. :talktothehand:
Good day, sir! :scorned:
Excellent example of the type of response a basic diver might receive for this question!

One caviat... If the basic diver were to post anything else to clarify, the immediate response would most definitely be

I SAID GOOD DAY!

Posted via Mobile Device

now you're catching on. Expand on this a bit and I think it can be added...

Posted via Mobile Device

How about:

Any posts which contain the initials "DIR" are to be avoided at all times, unless you are feeling chilly and need some warmth from the flames.

This is a secret society composed only of divers who dress only in black, and all use exactly the same equipment, which is "DIR Approved" per paragraph 3.2.2 of the manual. They have all been through classes which are similar in rigor to that of Navy SEALS and never dive or associate with others outside their team.

:)

None of the above, as I am PADI trained and a DM (yes, I know I have no chance of surviving my next pool dive). Merely pointing out that there can often be the slightest whiff of a hint of a subtle nuance of PADI bashing on SB. A bit. Sometimes.

Thanks for the clarification and might I say OOPS....PADI Bashing :blush: been there done that and my initial training was PADI. Sorry for the confusion and carry on :D

I see the thread is in good hands while I leave for a bit. Not too many off topic posts, or they will move it.

When the real questions come, could you at least answer them correctly... and be polite?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom