Survival Kit for Basic Divers on SB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hmmm .... it was meant to be humorous ... sorry if it didn't come across that way

Ouch! You mean all those words I wrote and the thoughts I put together were useless drivel? :depressed:

Crap! Now, I feel like a cheap politician... Yes! Victory is mine! :rofl3:

(feel free to throw confetti... I earned it with the word/thought thingy!) :popcorn:

Unfortunately, every way I tried to work it, it came out rather sad... :depressed:

I tried it a number of ways... and came up blank (no punn intended...)

The intention was to extrapolate to the nth degree the fact that many people ascertain that if you don't dive my way or use new fangled gear like an spg, computer thingy or god forbid split fins then you are going to die.

Therefore anyone that came after Jacques Cousteau & Emile Gagnan is using something new / not doing it the way they did.

Humour is not humourous if it has to be explained, just trying to point out where I was coming from .... if you prefer I can delete the posts.

Let's not forget that a back inflated BC will promptly put your face in the water on the surface. So either be flipped face down in the water using one of these things or get squeezed to death with the jacket BC...the choice is yours.

I agree with your statement here, but I think you miss the true reason (at least my true reason) for beginning this thread

The true reasons for this thread:
  • Help new divers understand that this is an Internet forum with all the same personality quirks found at other Internet forums, and do it in a fun way. (No one posting to the thread so far is anything but fun and out to help others have fun. They even have a working knowledge of scuba [Jury is still out on LetterBoy])
  • Help deaden the effect of posting in other areas of this forum where new divers might be intimidated by the personality quirks of others, and doing it in a fun way that makes them feel less intimidated when they see the "other" answer they might receive
  • Help new divers understand that they may have to sift through some personality quirks in order to find their answer, and hope they laugh at the "other" posts, rather than take offense. (They might even copy the "other" response here to add to the humor of the thread)
  • Let everyone know that sometimes you can have some real fun (at the expense of personality quirks) while providing real answers to some of those "hot topic" questions
It's not about coming closer to death, it's about enjoying the experience in an online forum.

I honestly hope many new divers come to this thread and have some fun asking... and even answering other's controversial questions. I will even ask MODs to remove posts I feel are mean spirited or actual flames, and I hope others will too.

So, come join us... have some fun and answer some questions too...
you'd have to do better than that if you want them to click on the "Thanks" button :rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom