Survival Kit for Basic Divers on SB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Overall good attempt. I think maybe we should add a "survival guide for new ScubaBoard users" to better help navigate these waters.

1) A discussion isn't worth reading until it's been cross-threaded (i.e. the content of the original post deemed entirely incorrect due to incompatible and often incomprehensible reasons which are them promulgated throughout the remainder).

2) The number of 'thanks' a post receives is generally indicative of the number of times a subject has been beat to death. This is particularly true if the thanked post is also the thread starters' Original Post.

3) Each thread has a maximum number of pertinent posts. Once that 'critical mass' has been reached (often around post #2), the thread will explode into a mass of either repetitive or irrelevant drivel. Many 'thanks' will follow.

5) No one on ScubaBoard can count.

6) Everything that can be discussed has been discussed. Consequently, if you have a question, use the search function rather than starting your own thread (after all, bits are a precious commodity). However, do not reply to the thread if it's more than one month old.
I was going to click on the "T" button but thought you might be offended :D

I was going to click on the "T" button but thought you might be offended :D

:rofl3:

Ya beat me to it!

The first thing I did after posting was attempt to thank myself. :p

no wonder they don't allow this over here; this NetDoc dude must has seen-it-all :rofl3:

Last edited:
More survival info:

If you [drink|smoke|have sex] before a dive...YOU WILL DIE.
If you keep an SPG with a wireless AI transmitter...YOU WILL DIE (because that's just not DIR...too many hoses everywhere).
If you look at a nitrox tank without proper certification...YOU WILL DIE.
Do NOT dive with HUD masks, they are heavy on one side and you'll roll over with no control...YOU WILL DIE.
Never dive with a beaver-tail, you will most certainly wrap it around some part on the boat and end up hanging on the side of the boat like a yo-yo...YOU WILL DIE.
If you spearfish, you are satan - sharks can tell this and will attack...YOU WILL DIE.
Never dive with [insert any brand except your own] gear, it's made by monkeys with no concept of the underwater world...YOU WILL DIE.

And the one from the PADI OWD video I just love:

"If you are not getting out of diving what you want, it's your OWN FAULT"

...oh yeah...YOU WILL DIE!

Never dive with a beaver-tail, you will most certainly wrap it around some part on the boat and end up hanging on the side of the boat like a yo-yo...YOU WILL DIE.

Now this man speaks the truth. I am amazed this one did not make it into the PADI Manual...:hmmm:

^^^^:rofl3:

As a new ScubaBoard member, you'll quickly learn that popcorn is the breakfast of champions.
Also lunch, and dinner, and second breakfast...
tough+love+giant+popcorn.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom