Sunday, May 31st, The BoneYard w/ Captain Jamie and the Aristakat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Missdirected

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Sunday, May 31st, we are heading out to The BoneYard w/ Captain Jamie and the Aristakat :arrr: Cost is $50 for a two tank dive. Show time is 9:a.m. So far going we have:

Divers:
III/Donny
Scuba Ann
SamBuoy
MissD
Skuba Girl/Susie
MAJackson

The final spot may go to jridg... That said, I'm thinking he probably has to work. So if you are interested let me know. Once I hear from him for sure, I will post it.

FossilBabe - you around? It'd be cool to meet up with you as it has been a while...

Last edited:
We have a full boat now.:yeahbaby:

If anyone is still keen on going, post your name and if someone cancels I will let ya know a.s.a.p. :)

We have a full boat now.:yeahbaby:

If anyone is still keen on going, post your name and if someone cancels I will let ya know a.s.a.p. :)

Watch out for the jelly fish! I still have nightmares! :shocked2:

I had a wonderful day on Sunday. Heck for that matter, Saturday as well. III, Ann, SamBouy and myself headed over on Saturday to Venice. Grabbed a hotel and chilled by the beach and pool for the rest of Saturday. Very enjoyable and relaxing.

Sunday we had a long drive to meet Jamie about 7-8 minutes :wink: Met MAJackson for the first time :thumbs-up. Loaded the boat and off we went (Jamie, Jim, Donny, Ann, Sam, MaryAnn, Debra, and me). We did two nice long dives and found several teeth along with a few megs. I found a 4 1/2"er but alsas it was pretty beat up. Sam, my buddy, found a really nice shell and I spotted two nudibranchs I have never seen in this area :D Sam and I also found a small nurse shark who seemed relatively content having us watch him for a bit and take several pics. We actually left briefly and came back - he seemed none to bothered. I think we will name him Samuel ;-)

After diving, FossilBabe/Debra, jridg/Jim, Jamie, Donny/III, Ann, SamBouy/Samantha, maJackson/MaryAnn, and myself went for a bit of lunch. Can't remember the name of the place right now, hopefully someone else will chime in, but it was delicious. We sat out on the deck overlooking the water recounting the day and showing Jamie pics of the BLACK groupers I spotted to prove I was not insane and did know my fish :mooner: Debra and I went for a stroll and spotted some rather interesting plants around the restaurant. :eyebrow: She will have to post the pic later. :cool2:

Still yet the day wasn't done. With the exception of Jim and Jamie the rest of us headed over to FossilBabe's house. What a treat that was! You would not believe the stuff she has collected over the years from a wide variety of places on land and in water. Most everything is cataloged and organized as well. :doh2: I think the mammoth leg bone was my favorite. Think stylish measum - that is what her place is like. Thanks again Babe for having us over - much appreciated :yelclap:

And well that is all folks.

Donny, Ann, Sam :hugs:

I think the restaurant was Marker 4 :D

We had a good day! I think I will still be here on the 27th - so my smiling face will be helping everyone onto the boat for the birthday bash :D

I think the restaurant was Marker 4 :D

We had a good day! I think I will still be here on the 27th - so my smiling face will be helping everyone onto the boat for the birthday bash :D

When are you set to leave Jim? Also I don't think anyone from this area is signed up for the BirthdayBash :no:

Oh and about that plant... just what kind was it???? :devil:

Sorry it took me so long still working on shark teeth. Hopefully I can get them finished today. Lets keep our fingers crossed.:wink: Had a great time diving with you and it was just a blast. Thanks for the small teeth as well!!!:D Pictures came out great of everyone, and love the flower. I think it is a plumeriajuana. :eyebrow:

Attachments

• IMG00015-20090531-1418.jpg
    IMG00015-20090531-1418.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG00017-20090531-1445.jpg
    IMG00017-20090531-1445.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 74
Here are some of the items found on that trip. It was a blast diving with you guys. Capt Jamie and Jim are a awesome team together,they make the trip worth it. What a pleasure it is to know such great people Jamie, Jim, Donny, Ann, Sam, MaryAnn,MissD,MAJackson
. Had a blast and looking forward to see you guys soon again. My home is always open you guys anytime.

Attachments

• PICT0123.jpg
    PICT0123.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 60
  • PICT0124.jpg
    PICT0124.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 58
  • PICT0125.jpg
    PICT0125.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 55
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back