Suits and BP/W for Wreck Valley

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the above advice, I'm going to go with Halcyon. Now onto the good stuff. I'm looking to go out on one of the NJ dive boats for 6/12/04. Anybody interested in buddying up? Let me know and we can discuss which dive boat, which wreck, etc. Thanks!

Marcos:
Thanks for the above advice, I'm going to go with Halcyon. Now onto the good stuff. I'm looking to go out on one of the NJ dive boats for 6/12/04. Anybody interested in buddying up? Let me know and we can discuss which dive boat, which wreck, etc. Thanks!

Hey Marcos, in case you are interested there is a thread on SB comparing the Eclipse 30 and 40 pound wings. Here is the thread link:
http://www.scubaboard.com/t52191.html its got some good information. Good luck with your new gear. I cant wait to get mine.

Gerard

I was originally going to go bigger, but I'm happy with the 30#.

I just started diving dry and it works great. I'm using an AL 80 now with 18lbs. in fresh water. I will be using a pony soon and expect to get steels by the end of the season. The 30# should still be fine, since I'll just lose the weight from my belt. It was fine during my Drysuit/Nitrox checkouts diving an OMS 98.

I did a week in Aruba. AL 80, 2mm shorty, no weight belt, just 2lbs. on the top cam for trim. Before that I had only done 3 dives with it. AMAZING - it was like wearing nothing. SOOOOOOOOOOO easy to maneuver myself into any position. One of the DMs thought I was a freak when I got down there, by the last day he was drooling over my BP!

grunzster:
I was originally going to go bigger, but I'm happy with the 30#.

I just started diving dry and it works great. I'm using an AL 80 now with 18lbs. in fresh water. I will be using a pony soon and expect to get steels by the end of the season. The 30# should still be fine, since I'll just lose the weight from my belt. It was fine during my Drysuit/Nitrox checkouts diving an OMS 98.

I did a week in Aruba. AL 80, 2mm shorty, no weight belt, just 2lbs. on the top cam for trim. Before that I had only done 3 dives with it. AMAZING - it was like wearing nothing. SOOOOOOOOOOO easy to maneuver myself into any position. One of the DMs thought I was a freak when I got down there, by the last day he was drooling over my BP!

Glad to hear you like it that much. I cant wait for mine. I just came back from Aruba in Feb. Did 6 day dives and 1 night. Did you get to dive the Antilla? I really liked that one. Especially because the DM took us through the hull. The night dive was awesome. I saw a 7 foot Moree(spelling?) Eel. The Eel was bright green.

gerard - I have a #36 pioneer for single diving and a #55 for double. I have #6lb halcyon BP and a 2# FredT plate. A also have a 6# STA from FredT. When I first started using the b/p wing combo, I was using a standard weight belt. Hated it. Then I used a harness - a little better. After a few dives, I decided I wanted to go the route not to have ditchable weight (there is an ongoing debate why or why not.) Now for warm water Carib diving, I use my 2lb al pate with 6lb STA and the weight distribution is good, and better yet, no weight belt. My suggestion is first decide on the wing you want then decide the weight of the plate that will suit your diving needs. Check out FredT, he makes different weighted plates and sizes PLUS his prices are great.

Only 3 times!!!
Antilla was the wreck dive for my AOW, then I did the night dive on it. Which is probably my favorite dive yet, it was also the last dive of my AOW and exactly dive 50 for me. Then did it again on my last day.

IzzyTahil:
gerard - I have a #36 pioneer for single diving and a #55 for double. I have #6lb halcyon BP and a 2# FredT plate. A also have a 6# STA from FredT. When I first started using the b/p wing combo, I was using a standard weight belt. Hated it. Then I used a harness - a little better. After a few dives, I decided I wanted to go the route not to have ditchable weight (there is an ongoing debate why or why not.) Now for warm water Carib diving, I use my 2lb al pate with 6lb STA and the weight distribution is good, and better yet, no weight belt. My suggestion is first decide on the wing you want then decide the weight of the plate that will suit your diving needs. Check out FredT, he makes different weighted plates and sizes PLUS his prices are great.

thanks for the suggestion. What is the website for FredT? I dive dry so I will most likely get the SS BP. But I thought about getting the Aluminum one for Caribean dives. I also wanted to get the weighted STA to ditch some more weight. Unfortuatly 6# BP + 6# STA is not enough to have no weight belt. I thought about the channel weight, I might go that direction. Since I dive dry i dont think its a big deal if I dont have any ditchable weight. Thanks again.

Gerard

grunzster:
Only 3 times!!!
Antilla was the wreck dive for my AOW, then I did the night dive on it. Which is probably my favorite dive yet, it was also the last dive of my AOW and exactly dive 50 for me. Then did it again on my last day.

hahah that is great. I cant wait to go back there and dive it again. I am definetly going to do it more than once this time. I didnt know you can take classes down there. How long did your AOW take you? I did the night dive on the Pedernelis, it was really cool.

I was there the whole week. Did AOW and unlimited diving. Since the AOW is mostly read on your own and just do 5 dives. Those dives were just kind of mixed in with my dives from the package.

Back
Top Bottom