Suggestions for Hood and Under Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dont_Hold_Your_Breath

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Read through many posts about grear selections but wanted to get advice for my particular situation. I'll be in shallow 50F (10 C) water for 6-8 hours at a time for multiple days. Would appreciate any underglove suggestions to wear under my Kubi dry gloves and any suggestions on hoods. Am I right to assume people often trim the base of their hood so it fits better on a drysuit? I have a Seaskin nova drysuit with the warm neck.

A Drysuit hood doesn’t have a bib on it. You shouldn’t need to modify a hood to use it. Check out NEO brand. They are the nicest hoods I have used.

Read through many posts about grear selections but wanted to get advice for my particular situation. I'll be in shallow 50F (10 C) water for 6-8 hours at a time for multiple days. Would appreciate any underglove suggestions to wear under my Kubi dry gloves and any suggestions on hoods. Am I right to assume people often trim the base of their hood so it fits better on a drysuit? I have a Seaskin nova drysuit with the warm neck.
For gloves I use a pair of Smartwool liner gloves under Smartwool thermal merino wool gloves with Showa 720s for the dry gloves. Both from REI here:
Liner gloves

Merino gloves

Back
Top Bottom