Suggestion Suggestion: Please Don't Make Threads Disappear Because of a Few Bad Posts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
H2Andy

H2Andy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
in a recent thread, which has been going on and on for ever, about a fairly volatile subject (Creation v. Evolution) the following Mod comment was posted:

*** MOD POST***
Keep The Insults Off The Board. If you can't do so then you will be removed and this thread will disappear.
*** END MOD POST ***

first, let me say that I agree 100% that personal insults have no place on this board, and they need to be rooted out. i'm not sure what it's meant by "you will be removed" but I assume that means that the person will lose posting privileges, per TOS. again, not a problem for me. we have no room for people who insult others.

my concern is with the last clause, "this thread will disappear."

i say NO, PLEASE!!

don't remove good threads just because some people act like bongholes. shut the bungholes up, but let the "good citizens" keep on discussing what they're discussing.

just a suggestion, not meant to flame anybody

hey, i just wanted to point out it may not be a good idea to remove a thread just because some people get out of hand

go figure...

:11:

but it's alright ... i have to learn how to shave with a straight razor!
(well, i don't HAVE TO, but i decided to)

:wink:

Gentlemen,

can we take this to PMs or just abandon this line of discussion?

fine by me if all the off-topic posts are deleted

maybe we can go back to the substance here

Thalassamania:
As the one the words were aimed at I have to say that the statements were so over the top, (e.g., vile and evil) that they did not sting at all. They're in the realm of puffery, rather than vitriol. But be that as it may, if the Mod felt they were inappropriate I'd suggest that the most effective thing to do, right then and there, would have been to delete the offending post and PM the miscreant. No one even had to know since the first offending post was not even really in the stream.

Oh, but that would be too intelligent and simple.

oh forget it.

How long to do you beat a dead horse??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom