Subsurface & Shearwater Perdix AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I pushed a new update of the Android app to the beta group. It works here with the Perdix AI. If it doesn't for you, please report it to our User Forum | Subsurface or the developer mailing list (subsurface at subsurface-divelog dot org).
BLE only dive computers currently don't work at all with Subsurface on Windows and have serious, serious isues on Linux and Mac.

BTW, everyone, I have a small request. As a German I really don't like to see people abbreviate Subsurface with 'SS' - that has way too much baggage for me.

BTW, everyone, I have a small request. As a German I really don't like to see people abbreviate Subsurface with 'SS' - that has way too much baggage for me.
I never thought of that, I sincerely apologize, Btw, thanks for all the hard work you're doing.

I just wanted to say thank you for the added functionality. I haven't tested it yet but I'll probably get a chance to test it in two days.

I have had a chance to test Perdix AI log downloads with Subsurface on Android and the only significant issue I've noticed so far is that the gas pressure on the second transmitter isn't logged. I use two transmitters on a CCR for diluent and oxygen tanks and the Perdix AI as both a pressure monitor and backup computer.

Is the second transmitter logged at all? If you download it via Shearwater Desktop, can you see it there?

Yes, I can see the second transmitter in Shearwater Desktop. The same issue occurs if I export the log from Shearwater Desktop and import into Subsurface. I have inspected the contents of the Shearwater Desktop SQLite export and it does contain the second sensor's pressure. So Subsurface Desktop fails to import the second sensor's value from the exported Shearwater Desktop file and the mobile application also fails to import the second sensor's values.

I haven't tried with Subsurface on Linux yet, but I'm going to try compiling it from the repository and see if there's any difference (there was a commit a few days ago that may have addressed the SQLite import issue).

Last edited:
Using Shearwater Desktop to SubSubsurface (Windows) - I have always had to enter the tanks and start / end pressures. It has not transferred any tank or pressures for me. YMMV

So I just finished building Subsurface from the Github repository (on Linux) and I'm pleased to say that it does correctly import both tank pressures from the Shearwater Desktop DB. So that's AWESOME :D . Now I'm going to try and build the windows executable haha - not that I really need it, but nice to have.

Now I'm going to try and build the windows executable haha - not that I really need it, but nice to have.

As the old commercial used to go - Q: What did you learn in school today? A: SHARING.....

lol :)

haha, sure thing, I'll post a link to the Windows executable as soon as it has built... if it builds successfully :) .

The commit that seems to have fixed the issue is here, if anyone is interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom