Subsurface & Shearwater Perdix AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has there been any update on this?
Not so much an update as a workaround for those with smart phones.

If you have a smartphone (android and IOS), there is a Subsurface mobile app open beta which allows importing from a number of BT dive computers including BTLE (such as the Perdix AI). I can't provide a link to it at the moment as I on a work computer with Facebook blocked.

Once the computer is paired (instructions were provided), getting the logs of the computer into the mobile app was super easy and synced no problem with the desktop app.

You can get the beta of Subsurface-mobile 2.0 for Android by going here:

First beta of Subsurface-mobile 2.0 | Subsurface

click the link to opt-in. Then download the app from the Google Play store.

I have had good success with connecting my phone or my tablet (both, Android) to my Perdix AI and downloading my log into my Subsurface log, syncing to the Cloud, and having it all show up in the log on my (Linux, Windows, and Mac) desktop(s).

Well that would certainly work and be perfectly acceptable to me. I've been using some form of subsurface mobile on my phone for some time now. Not sure what it was though as I don't think it was a beta. It showed all of my dive info. Maybe it was 1.x. I did just find out that the range of the transmitters isn't that great so using a second for my buddy is a no go :(.

Dave

Anyone getting it to work on a Samsung S7? I've followed the Subsurface directions and Subsurface will not recognize my Perdix AI. Shearwater cloud works fine, but I want my Subsurface....

Oh boy, I Know the S7, Note 7 and S8 have BT issues w/ certain devices from experience. I was going to get one of these only if I could use a phone to import back to SS desktop and if my S8 won't work I'm going to be very annoyed. Samsung never did address this issue but I did find work arounds for media audio and they may also work for you too. It's called bluetooth auto, but it takes over the BT pairing protocol and may be what you need. Please let me know if that works for you before I go and buy this computer and find out I can't get my data into SS semi easily.

Anyone getting it to work on a Samsung S7? I've followed the Subsurface directions and Subsurface will not recognize my Perdix AI. Shearwater cloud works fine, but I want my Subsurface....
I've successfully downloaded dives from my Petrel 2 to my Galaxy S7. But the Petrel 2 uses regular Bluetooth, the Perdix AI uses Bluetooth LE.
You need to pair using your phone's Blueooth settings, then open Subsurface-mobile

I got mine to work without any issues (I did use the Nordic NRF app to help bond it as suggested in the beta documentation- note BOND it as opposed to pair - it is another step IIRC).

Neilwood, you have a S7 and a perdix?

Dave

After latest Subsurface mobile app update, I no longer have Bluetooth connection mode, only FDTI, not that it worked before anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom