Subsurface & Shearwater Perdix AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They definitely seem to be actively working the problem (which is good). I have no doubt they will get it working but in the meantime I will keep my logs on the Perdix ( I would rather DL straight to Subsurface than try to export from SW desktop).

Not sure if this is what you are asking so here goes -

I use my Perdix to download to the Shearwater Desktop.

Once in the Shearwater Desktop - I add any of the dive details that I want to track.
Then I export from Shearwater Desktop to XML files - use the dropdown and create an XML folder - it makes it easier to find.

I then open SubSurface on my desktop - I import the XML logs. I then need to re-add in the details like tank size, starting pressure and ending pressure, notes, GPS location of the site...
Subsurface does its thing - then I save.
I then Save to the Cloud and I can access Subsurface on my phone...

That works - but it is additional (repetitive) steps that are a pain for now - until you can do a direct download to Subsurface.

Right now you can only import data from a Perdix AI via some other app doing the download, either on a mobile device or with the Shearwater desktop app.
We are working on being able to directly import the data with Subsurface (and, btw, this will hopefully work on both Subsurface and Subsurface-mobile), but as the FAQ indicates, we don't have an ETA.

Right now you can only import data from a Perdix AI via some other app doing the download, either on a mobile device or with the Shearwater desktop app.
We are working on being able to directly import the data with Subsurface (and, btw, this will hopefully work on both Subsurface and Subsurface-mobile), but as the FAQ indicates, we don't have an ETA.
As I hopefully managed to get across above, I know the issue is getting tackled so I am happy.:thumb:

The Perdix is great, Subsurface is great and once they both get speaking to each other it will be perfect!

Have SW been any help with the issue? I know they said to me that they were willing to help

As I hopefully managed to get across above, I know the issue is getting tackled so I am happy.:thumb:

The Perdix is great, Subsurface is great and once they both get speaking to each other it will be perfect!

Have SW been any help with the issue? I know they said to me that they were willing to help

Yes, Shearwater is great - they have been very responsive... as you are aware, there was a dropped ball in the middle of all that, but the real reason why the Perdix AI isn't supported for direct download, yet (and it still isn't supported in 4.6.4 which I just released), is that we still haven't quite managed to make Subsurface pair with Bluetooth LE devices. We have smart people working on this, but BLE support on the desktop is generally not really well supported (and trying to do this across Windows, Mac, and Linux doesn't make it easier). On the flip side, we are pretty optimistic that once we have that working, we should be able to add the ability to also download directly into Subsurface-mobile from Android and iOS (as I mentioned before). So it may take a little longer (sorry), but hopefully the result will be worth the wait.

@dirkhh You might ask the folks at Divemate USB, as they have the android download down pat. I've been using the update to DL from my perdix AI since the last update.

@dirkhh You might ask the folks at Divemate USB, as they have the android download down pat. I've been using the update to DL from my perdix AI since the last update.
In general the sharing from commercial software vendors to open source projects is often fraught with peril... there are exceptions (Nick from MacDive, Rainer from divelogs.de), but those are just that, exceptions.

I already met with them. They are really nice guys but I don't think there will be information sharing any time soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom