Subsurface & Shearwater Perdix AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, I should be more clear. I am using an iPad app of subsurface as well as the shearwater app. So both operate on Apple IOS. No MAC, windows or droid OSs used.
as far as tracking all the data for uploading, I have no interest in looking at that, nor the know how. There is a developer section on subsurface that I am sure the information is located. But I do not care to look though all that code and figure out something that doesn’t effect my every day life.
Noted.

Turn on the Info Window in the profile to see additional, time resolved info in Subsurface. It's not a line, but lots of info is available. It also understands dual cylinders (manifolded or sidemount/independent) and does graph those pressures. Understanding time-resolved RMV for sidemount without explicit gas switch events is a somewhat new bug fix (released maybe 6 months ago?).
Excellent info. But I do not see a window for “profile”, or anything that you have described. I am sure it may be there on a desktop version. But I am running it on an iPad and have no need to put the program on a desktop.
as far as the doubles cylinder, I think this may be the same thing. The iPad version is limited. No such setting or additional drop down menu to add one. Sure I could say I am carrying an ”extra” 80. But it would read more like a side mount dive than a doubles. Of course all the other deco cylinder additions work the same way. Maybe it’s just the limits of an iPad vs desktop verosion. As I said, it works for me and I have no need to put the app on another device.

@td275, yes the additional profile info and custom cylinder creation is only available on the desktop.

@td275, yes the additional profile info and custom cylinder creation is only available on the desktop.
I knew it! Thank you for confirming. If I really wanted to I could put the app on my desktop. But I like the travel ability of the iPad. It is no big thing for me to have to have everything in the log. I can see what I want to see with either app. The rest is really just numbers, locations and my notes. That’s the biggest thing I take from looking back on dives for future information.

So how do you pull the logs with Bluetooth only on Linux and Unix? how did you do it? Mind you cannot INSTALL ANY SHEARWATER APPS to help you perform this task.
Have you tried with Linux and Subsurface? It should work. Subsurface didn't forget about Linux when it was developed. I think that may have something to do with Linus Torvalds being involved with Subsurface development. He knows a bit about Linux.

Never mind, I see from subsequent posts you have. You seem to have a very unique use case. Not sure if anything would work for what you want.

Have you tried with Linux and Subsurface? It should work. Subsurface didn't forget about Linux when it was developed. I think that may have something to do with Linus Torvalds being involved with Subsurface development. He knows a bit about Linux.

Never mind, I see from subsequent posts you have. You seem to have a very unique use case. Not sure if anything would work for what you want.
you are correct, seems to be the case even if the Bluetooth stack connected ( properly/smoothly ) the negotiation and inability to break link to relink would kill the ( time window).. Divesoft works so does Garmin... Petrel would work over USB/Serial the Perdix line fails due to serial link not being possible and the way the bluetooth stack is setup at the moment.
[possible solution] would be a bluetooth connect wipe and cache clear upon each and every start/stop event meaning no residual memory or storage of session.
The perdix has a memory ( of last conneciton last signal last mac )
Re-reading the spec [ having a device which only beacons ] and never pairs unique off use case initiation data then is streamed... however the LE introduced in 4.0 added other issues for data rate of transfer another issue entirely...
The more I read the more I see how this platform would "have issues" during emergency data collection without loss of the offgas calc [kick the battery] ( which also would be nice to have data)
I understand why they diverged from a "proprietary design" ergo serial clip or bluetooth usb paired connector... small parts get lost clips get broken.

My chat with Linus sent me deeper into the rabbit hole what set me off was knowing it was a known issue... for 4 years. on both the bluetooth LE 4.0 side and on all OS versions I just happened to be seeing it with Linux and never connecting to ( other) OS types until after talking with Linus...

silver lining...
| some good came out of my explosion | the divelog developer has fixed his issue with the perdix after 4 years.. off my tests and notes...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom