Question Subgravity Paragon or HOG System?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, still going back and forth on stuff. But for me, steel plate and small vertical weight system might win out over aluminum plate and horizontal weight system. Trim pouches for the cam band come with the package regardless. Thanks for the feedback.
The vertical weight pockets come in 2 sizes and the large vertical weight pockets carry the same amount of weight as the horizontal ones, so you can use them with the aluminum plate. https://sub-gravity.com/product/paragon-weight-system/

Yes, would enjoy seeing pics, thanks. Which SG weight system? I'm looking at horizontal. But the small vertical looks good too.
E385C54D-0E42-4861-9149-A1E14D961FD8.jpeg
F80F68AC-F71B-42C2-B91A-62D19FD87CF1.jpeg
467cfc79-68bb-485e-af60-e3eabc8dbcd8-jpeg.752570

Attachments

• 467CFC79-68BB-485E-AF60-E3EABC8DBCD8.jpeg
    467CFC79-68BB-485E-AF60-E3EABC8DBCD8.jpeg
    92 KB · Views: 313
Kelpdog, what's your assignment of the ruggedness of that wing cover?

Kelpdog, what's your assignment of the ruggedness of that wing cover?
It Has around 200 dives in various conditions. Mostly rocky beach diving, no overhead environments/ wrecks or anything too directly abrasive. So I can’t speak too much to that extent. However, I will say it still looks pretty much brand new. If you would like to see any specific pics let me know! I ended up buying a second setup

then pull the trigger on the Paragon 44
Is that for single-tank diving? If so, 44 lbs seems REALLY large. (I realize you've had a number of recent posts, and I may have lost track.) If you've already worked this out to your satisfaction, then please disregard.

Pulling the trigger today on SG Paragon 30, adjustable, aluminum, basic black. Small ditchable weight pockets plus total of 4 trim pouches. Can’t wait to get it wet in CZM.

Thanks everyone for all the insights.

Pulling the trigger today on SG Paragon 30, adjustable, aluminum, basic black. Small ditchable weight pockets plus total of 4 trim pouches. Can’t wait to get it wet in CZM.

Thanks everyone for all the insights.
I think you'll be happy with your purchase. Subgravity makes quality gear.

I think you'll be happy with your purchase. Subgravity makes quality gear.
That is the word from all sources, thanks. In the end, an easy decision.

Made in Utah; close by in case of any issue. Reasonable price. Modular, with standard components.

Josh at Dive Right In Scuba was most helpful.

Is that for single-tank diving? If so, 44 lbs seems REALLY large. (I realize you've had a number of recent posts, and I may have lost track.) If you've already worked this out to your satisfaction, then please disregard.
I was trying to look ahead a bit. For now, the goal was to be able to get away without a weight belt drysuit diving. Down the road, I may add a canister and other gear. For travel, I have a smaller wing. I looked at the estimator tools and came up with 38ish lbs and thought that wing would give a margin of safety. I'm also looking at the PSD40. If I ditch the goal of no weight belt, I may look at the VDH38. I guess it somewhat depends on the weight of additional gear in the next few years. What's the ballpark impact of a medium sized canister and light?

I do not think you will have much luck getting a vdh wing.

I dive a 38lb dry no issues with integrated weights, carrying pony bottle, full camera setup..ect.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom