Question Subgravity Paragon or HOG System?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a new sub gravity 3mm SS plate and continuous harness if interested and preferably in the Denver area. I set up an AL one and decided to not even set up the SS. happy with the aluminum.

I use to carry my clothes in a backpack and my gear in a hardcase carry on. Now I can carry all my stuff in a very large backpack. Plate fits in a pocket next to my laptop. I originally was going to modify it to use my harness as straps like another one I did, but this one works very well as is.
Was 20 bucks cheaper a while back.
Yeah I have one of those.

Reactions: Zef
If I'm checking in a bag and carry on two, I doubt 3 extra pounds for SS is going to be an issue.

My questions have led us into the travel aspect, which really is on topic here. I flew Southwest to Maui with reg, BC, DC in a Stahlsac rollaboard. Fins, books and personal stuff went into my “personal item” (dive backpack). Nonessentials such as clothes went in checked luggage. SWA does not charge for checked bags.

Also will fly SWA to CZM. But many international airlines are stingy with cabin luggage in terms of size and weight restrictions. That’s why it is good to think this through. Thanks all for your insights.
I pack all my dive gear and my wife's snorkeling gear in my Stahlsac bag. https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0458/6995/7273/products/STLJS_2.jpg?v=1604454805

I pack all my dive gear and my wife's snorkeling gear in my Stahlsac bag. https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0458/6995/7273/products/STLJS_2.jpg?v=1604454805
Good choice. I got the all black stealth version, used. That works if you trust the airlines not to lose your stuff, and any BP/W or even bulky jacket BC will fit. Gotta watch weight though.

The truly brilliant Stahlsac is this one. Holds reg bag, mask, DC, BC. Maybe not fins. Goes in the overhead! Unless you’re limited to 7 kg…

I use to carry my clothes in a backpack and my gear in a hardcase carry on. Now I can carry all my stuff in a very large backpack. Plate fits in a pocket next to my laptop. I originally was going to modify it to use my harness as straps like another one I did, but this one works very well as is.
Was 20 bucks cheaper a while back.
I'll have to see if I can get all my gear in a hard case carryon. That would be one freaking heavy carryon though so not sure if I'd get hit on a weight limit. Sure would be nice to not check in a bag and be subject to the luggage monkey antics. I've already got a full set of warm water gear though and I refuse to buy yet another set of stuff to get it in a carryon LOL.

Good choice. I got the all black stealth version, used. That works if you trust the airlines not to lose your stuff, and any BP/W or even bulky jacket BC will fit. Gotta watch weight though.

The truly brilliant Stahlsac is this one. Holds reg bag, mask, DC, BC. Maybe not fins. Goes in the overhead! Unless you’re limited to 7 kg…

When I got the Stahlsac bag, I thought there was no way all my dive gear is going to fit in here but there was room to spare. 3 of our 4 major airlines up here allow you 2 free checked bags up to 22 kg (about 50 lb). My dive gear also goes free in checked luggage as long as it's not over sized and over weight. We bought Tile GPS luggage trackers before our last trip. Our carry on is only allowed to be 9" x 16" x 20"

Update: I came THIS close to keeping a Zeagle Express Tech Deluxe that I got on super sale. It’s pretty cool, and packs up small. But it has the big 30 pound Ripcord weight system - and the 20 pound Zip Touch is unobtainium. Plus I’m a big dude and can’t get past the small 24 pound bladder.

Meanwhile as I pondered all this, an SB member sold a nice HOG TBCS for a great price to another lucky diver.

So I’m back to Subgravity Paragon single tank package with 30 pound wing and aluminum plate. (And maybe XDeep Zen. So sexy.)

Anyone have concerns about the odd anterior location of the hip dump, or any other aspect of the SG?

Anybody love love love the XDeep?

Sigh. Too many great choices.

Update: I came THIS close to keeping a Zeagle Express Tech Deluxe that I got on super sale. It’s pretty cool, and packs up small. But it has the big 30 pound Ripcord weight system - and the 20 pound Zip Touch is unobtainium. Plus I’m a big dude and can’t get past the small 24 pound bladder.

Meanwhile as I pondered all this, an SB member sold a nice HOG TBCS for a great price to another lucky diver.

So I’m back to Subgravity Paragon single tank package with 30 pound wing and aluminum plate. (And maybe XDeep Zen. So sexy.)

Anyone have concerns about the odd anterior location of the hip dump, or any other aspect of the SG?

Anybody love love love the XDeep?

Sigh. Too many great choices.
That dump valve kinda makes sense to me. Seems like less roll would be needed to get all the air out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom