Question Sub Gravity Paragon single tank set up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dutchman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Any comments, pro or con on this unit? Thinking about a new set up with Aluminum backplate.

Any comments, pro or con on this unit? Thinking about a new set up with Aluminum backplate.
I have a Sub Gravity 3mm backplate, 26 lb wing, adjustable harness and drop down small weight pockets for my travel BP/W. I can't say enough good things about the gear or the company. I really love their adjustable harness.

I’m running their 6mm backplate, 37lb wing, with small drop down pockets. Got some cheap DGX continuous webbing on the right and one side of their adjustable harness on the left (cause way too much shoulder wear and tear from rugby playing and mountain bike crashing) I love the 10 lb plate when I’m diving, but not so much when I’m rinsing my gear. Always thinking that I’m going to lose control and drop it on my toes. The bigger wing doesn’t taco around the tank and keeps nicely streamlined- but I usually don’t have any air in it except on the surface. The only piece of the rig that was a little disappointing was the trim pockets- they just don’t seem as robust as everything else. That could be partly on me for trying to max out my trim weight, though

Overall, you can see from the materials, fittings, fit and finish that this was built by divers whose primary goal was making high quality gear for other divers. I doubt you’ll be disappointed with your Subgravity BPW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom