Inflator Hose Routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mflynn06

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Mounting my Atomic first stage on my Sub-Gravity Paragon Single and my inflator hose just doesn’t flow naturally to its connection. Curious to see what you guys think and recommend. Especially when the wing is inflated it goes over it but then had to make a hard u turn up to the first stage.

Attachments

• IMG_0118.jpeg
    IMG_0118.jpeg
    130.3 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0119.jpeg
    IMG_0119.jpeg
    119.5 KB · Views: 89
Also when inflated it puts some rearward pressure on my second stage and spg hoses.

Attachments

• IMG_0120.jpeg
    IMG_0120.jpeg
    110.3 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0121.jpeg
    IMG_0121.jpeg
    147 KB · Views: 76
You could rotate the axis about 20 deg closer to vertical to lessen the "downward" angle on the inflator. You could also run the hose on the outside of the inflator elbow to increase the bend radius. Third vote for xmitter (in the other port, away from the valve handle) & no SPG.

You might consider moving the tank a bit higher on BC. I would also consider moving the inflator hose one more port towards the front on the turet.

Thanks everyone. Taking the kids to Legoland so I will update when I get back!

I think for atomic, the bottom port connect to long hose method isn't the best. Atomic 1st is relatively low profile, it stays very close to the valve, so 1st stage need to be at quite an angle. I eventually go back to using side port for long hose, so 1st stage sit straight. maybe give that at try? The bottom port for long hose works a lot better on mk25 because it stick out more.

A DIN connection would take the reg further back and give you some space. Also are you using an STA? It would also give you some space

I think for atomic, the bottom port connect to long hose method isn't the best. Atomic 1st is relatively low profile, it stays very close to the valve, so 1st stage need to be at quite an angle. I eventually go back to using side port for long hose, so 1st stage sit straight. maybe give that at try? The bottom port for long hose works a lot better on mk25 because it stick out more.
Agree. That also gives the transmitter better protection. Bottom port is great for LPI hose in doubles or sidemount but that's about it.

Back
Top Bottom