Stuck in new suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last november I did my first coz drift dive while on a cruise ship stop. A gal on the dive boat put her wetsuit on inside out so that after the dive her pull for the zipper was on the inside instead of the outside. she was able to pull it a little ways down but not very far and asked for help. I managed to push the top of the zipper to the small of her back but short of reaching my hand inside it and pulling the strap (which I was not going to do!) it would not go any further. She then tried to pull the partly zipped suit over her hips and was struggling so being a gentleman I knelt in front of her and grabbed either side of the suit and pulled and you guessed it I pulled her swimsuit bottoms all lthe way to her knees! I do not think I have ever been so embarrassed!

Gaffer

One time I was with a few guys diving up in Cape Ann at Follies Cove. It was February. The water temp was about 31F and the air temp was around 20F. We all had on shell type dry suits but two other divers who were there had on DUI crushed neoprene.

Well these two guys come out of the water and found out that the water on the outside of their suits froze solid and they were having a real hard time just moving never mind trying to get out of their suits. We offered them cold beer and such to help out, just to make sure that the pee factor was high you know.

They eventually had to drive to the dive shop and hang around inside till their suits thawed out. I don't know about how bad the pee factor got.

One time I was with a few guys diving up in Cape Ann at Follies Cove. It was February. The water temp was about 31F and the air temp was around 20F. We all had on shell type dry suits but two other divers who were there had on DUI crushed neoprene.

Well these two guys come out of the water and found out that the water on the outside of their suits froze solid and they were having a real hard time just moving never mind trying to get out of their suits. We offered them cold beer and such to help out, just to make sure that the pee factor was high you know.

They eventually had to drive to the dive shop and hang around inside till their suits thawed out. I don't know about how bad the pee factor got.

"There are two types of divers in the world: Those that pee in their suits and those that lie about it." :D

Ok, ok. I know that's not quite how the expression goes. :eyebrow:

Monday night a used Harvey's twrex arrived that I bought cheap off Craigslist. It was in decent shape and I was so happy. As I put it on I saw that it was on the small side but "maybe!". Harvey's XL is different from others XL I think. When I put the neck on, as others have said, that's when the fun started. I wore it for a little bit, adjusted the neoprene neck seal and then started to take it off.

I couldn't get the neck seal over my jaw. I was starting to see stars. The more I struggled the worse it got. As I started to get tunnel vision I worried that my wife would have to cut me out of it. I started to think maybe paramedics would be in order. One last big try and my head popped through. I only had shorts on underneath so now my sweat damp body was clinging to every inch of that tight suit. Getting the rest off was a battle and I am glad my wife was there to help. Granted the neck seal probably needs a little stretching but my USIA suit is here now so the Harvey's suit of death will be sold.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom