Stuck in new suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunnydude

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My new suit arrived yesterday and was excited to try it on. After reading on this board and others that it is good to have a helper I made sure the wife was home to help.

The suit is an H2O Odyssey Coronado semi-dry. I am 6'2" and through correspondance with the dealer we decided the XXL should fit. The legs fit I can tell you that. Got my arms into it and couldn't move them. Thought I would try to put the hood on. This is where it became evident the sizing is a bit off and not meant for the limits of the height. I couldn't get the d#$m hood off. Can hear the heat kick on in the house, my 3 year old says I look like a diver and I am screaming for my wife to come up and help. :rofl3: Now I am back to the drawing board but heading to a LDS today to see if they have anything.

I will say the suit is nicely constructed. For the price it is hard to beat.

Just thought I would share my adventure from last night. :dork2:

Wetsuit roullete is a risky game. Better luck with the next! At least no cutting tools or paramedics were involved.

Pete

in my sig line is a link the the funniest thread on SB.... click and read.. you need to post in the thread

:D

cheers

My new suit arrived yesterday and was excited to try it on. After reading on this board and others that it is good to have a helper I made sure the wife was home to help.

The suit is an H2O Odyssey Coronado semi-dry. I am 6'2" and through correspondance with the dealer we decided the XXL should fit. The legs fit I can tell you that. Got my arms into it and couldn't move them. Thought I would try to put the hood on. This is where it became evident the sizing is a bit off and not meant for the limits of the height. I couldn't get the d#$m hood off. Can hear the heat kick on in the house, my 3 year old says I look like a diver and I am screaming for my wife to come up and help. :rofl3: Now I am back to the drawing board but heading to a LDS today to see if they have anything.

I will say the suit is nicely constructed. For the price it is hard to beat.

Just thought I would share my adventure from last night. :dork2:

Sounds like my first experience with my semi-dry. Except the wife wasn't home... :amazed:

Sounds like my first experience with my semi-dry. Except the wife wasn't home... :amazed:

and yet you still managed to father a child years later..... :D

and post on ScubaBoard.... :eyebrow:

I once got my zipper pull stuck in the zipper when I got up to the house and couldn't get out of my wetsuit. No one else was home at the time. I walked down to the fire station (fortunately just over a block), walked in and said "You guys have been trying to rescue me at the dive park for years. Here's your chance!" They roared as they freed the zipper pull.

<snicker> you should post this in the "funniest thread" which is in my sig line. Prepare to laugh yourself silly :)

So your daughter thought you looked like a diver - what on earth ahve you been exposing this child to? Death scenes? :wink::D

I hate having my head stuck!! But seriously, if you get that "claustrophobic feeling, additional zippers can be added to help you get in/out of the suit. Terrapin Wetsuits does alterations on all the "off the rack" brands of wetsuits. Keep that in mind when you get your next suit.

Back
Top Bottom