Strange Wind

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With all that rain, how's the viz? I'd image there'd have to be a lot of particulate matter in the column :(
It is down from what it normally is, but then we’ve gotten pretty spoiled. Dave said 50 feet; that sounds about right. Things look murky far away but close up they look the same to me.

TRIVIA:
Villa Las Angles has a Tempest weather station on the roof. I find these units to be very accurate.
So far this month it has recorded over 33 inches of rain.

TRIVIA:
Villa Las Angles has a Tempest weather station on the roof. I find these units to be very accurate.
So far this month it has recorded over 33 inches of rain.

I believe it. Today I am leaving Cozumel after 9 days—and have seen the sun exactly twice, both times for just an instant. Yes, this is really weird!

Dave Dillehay

My monthly trip to the Villa Aldora began Saturday the 15th. When I got here the port was closed from Chankanaub south due to strong SE winds. That in itself is an oddity but remained so yesterday. It has abated somewhat today the 17th, with everything from Palancar south closed. This situation looks to continue all week, and the divers here will likely miss most of their favorite sites…this is terrible! Thank goodness the north is open.

Out of 32 years here I don't ever recall such, an occurrence, and other long timers agree as well.

Dave Dillehay
VILLA ALDORA
In past 15 years here, this is by far the worst june weather. We were shut down for 14 days for weather closures for whale shark tours. Usually it's only a couple days in june from our records.

In past 15 years here, this is by far the worst june weather. We were shut down for 14 days for weather closures for whale shark tours. Usually it's only a couple days in june from our records.
The HM closed the port today at 11AM. It’s 1:30 now, and calm and sunny. We are not happy campers.

3PM same

5PM still no storm

10PM still just drizzle and no wind

I sincerely hope that this past month is a random anomaly, and expect it will be. I see the sun every day now in Galveston.

DAVE DILLEHAY

I sincerely hope that this past month is a random anomaly, and expect it will be. I see the sun every day now in Galveston.

DAVE DILLEHAY
We will see it every day when we get back to Austin, too, but that’s not necessarily that good a thing. :D

We will see it every day when we get back to Austin, too, but that’s not necessarily that good a thing. :D
How many days have you lost since you arrived?

How many days have you lost since you arrived?
Just one and a half so far but tomorrow may be a washout.

We dove in the rain 2 or 3 days

Saturday - The port is closed today with a small chance to open this afternoon

Did not happen, so 2 1/2 days lost to the weather. Today was our last chance to dive. It could have been worse, I guess, but losing the last day stings a bit.

Once again as I have heard many times, the HM has closed the port because of east winds over on the wild side while we are sitting here looking at calm seas, very little wind, and the occasional drizzle of rain.

The port is closed; 2 1/2 days lost to the weather this trip. Today was our last chance to dive. It could have been worse, I guess, but losing the last day stings a bit.

Once again as I have heard many times, the HM has closed the port because of east winds over on the wild side while we are sitting here looking at calm seas, very little wind, and the occasional drizzle of rain.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom