Straits of Mackinac shipwrecks moored.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dsc2679

Contributor
Reaction score
We got most of the wrecks, with the exception of the Minneapolis and Northwest, on the Lake Michigan side of the Straits of Mackinac moored this past Saturday. We had excellent visibility, but it was brisk. I could see the bottom of the boat from 90'!

We were planning on doing all of the wrecks on the Lake Huron side on Sunday, but were thwarted by small craft warnings. We're hoping to have everything moored before Memorial Day weekend.

Check out our new website Straits of Mackinac Shipwreck Preserve > Home Under "shipwrecks" are a listing of the wrecks in the Preserve and each has a "mooring buoy status" that we will try to keep up to date and accurate. The website is still under construction, so more features and info will be added. Feel free to post or PM me with any comments or suggestions.

Also, our Annual Treasure Hunt is scheduled for August 14 in St. Ignace, MI. Hope all of you get a chance to dive in the Straits of Mackinac this summer.

Thanks Doug

Going to be making my first trip to the straits this year and couldn't be more excited about it. Like the BoneCrusher I hope it will turn into two weekends in the straits to break up the diving we do in Sanilac. I love Sanilac and the boys from Bruno's but new sites and new wrecks are just plain cool. Thanks for you for the time you donate to make the mooring project a reality.

Going to be making my first trip to the straits this year and couldn't be more excited about it.
Your going to love it! The Straits is a beautiful area and has some great wrecks.

The Cedarville (bow and stern), Young and Barnum are now moored too. We haven't moored the Minneapolis or the Northwest yet.

We usually make a couple trip to Drummond Isle and I would like to swing by the Straits for a change. Thanks for your post and the work you guys do to mark the locations. Stay wet!

Back
Top Bottom