Advanced recreational diving in the Great Lakes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep I know. She doesn't want to deal with other people's poop. Holding it or hanging your butt overboard are unprofessional - and marginally legal.

RJ...

Plan your bodily functions like you plan everything else...

Staying clear of unfamiliar...especially spicy bar food the night before...along with the booze...

Get up early the morning of the dive...and go before you leave the hotel...

It's like asking yourself...am I planning on diving the next few days...or am I planning a bout of diarrhoea...what's important...

With few exceptions...which there are...this problem is very avoidable...

When I'm away for multiple days...everything I eat/drink was brought with me from home...my choice...serves me well...

The older you get...the more important it is...

W...

just so you know , I was in thunder bay last week and had a quick word with wally at thunder county diving .....he is fixing up a large dive boat to take out this year , and it does have ahead on it looks like a great boat ..it was used in Kingston as a dive charter boat ........

just so you know , I was in thunder bay last week and had a quick word with wally at thunder county diving .....he is fixing up a large dive boat to take out this year , and it does have ahead on it looks like a great boat ..it was used in Kingston as a dive charter boat ........

Thunder Bay, ON?

With few exceptions...which there are...this problem is very avoidable...
On a boat with 6 people, out for a whole day, there are bound to be occasional exceptions. A professional operator doesn't tell clients to hang their butt overboard to poop...
All Michigan and Wisconsin waters - so the whole US side of Lk Huron and all Lk Michigan are no discharge zones too. Why is it that we expect charters to have emergency O2 aboard, yet not keep the water we actually dive in clean?

yes thunder bay ont .....I will be up there next 3 weekends in a row , just got off the phone with wally working on an unrelated matter , wallys been around a long time (has 4 years on me !)

yes thunder bay ont .....I will be up there next 3 weekends in a row , just got off the phone with wally working on an unrelated matter , wallys been around a long time (has 4 years on me !)

Fun diving or teaching?

Dang, Wally must be ancient if he’s got 4 years on you! :wink:

teaching but not scuba,

hey im NOT that old he has more grey hair (actually more hair period !)

and for an old guy , im teaching hand to hand to local LE..........their are young pups I I still get over on them

Back
Top Bottom