Storm regulator swivel install

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

krawlings

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just installed my new Storm Regulator swivel .And I have a small question. When i screwed it on to my reg. it went on real easy .And didn't seam to have much resistance to come back off. I snugged it up with 2 wrenches . It seams to be holding . How snug should it be to be sure it will not unscrew while diving . would it be advisable to add a small drop of lock-tite (blue) to help keep it from coming loss at the wrong time and place .lol what has some of you done ??

---------- Post added ----------

is there no one out there with an opinion or advise ??????
Am I in the wrong forum?? This is SCUBA BOARD Right???

---------- Post added ----------

is there no one out there with an opinion or advise ??????
Am I in the wrong forum?? This is SCUBA BOARD Right???

I would def not use locktite. I've been thinking about switching out my old swivel with one of these so let me know how it works out. Just snugging it with a wrench should have done the trick. Just check it each time before you dive. Even if it's only screwed on finger tight as long as it's screwed all the way on it won't come off during a dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom