To be, finger tight or wrench tight is the question ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

and when Tom Mount spoke

full

this is of what Tom Mount spoke

After reading that block of text, I'm sure they will be happy to hear from us. I'm glad you have thought this through.

Yeah now that's on one of the tablets brought to the mount, the tablet the opposition in court buries.
Do they remember it exists. Mate it's all reverse engineering just have to remember where the bits are.

We would have 5 people posting their crazy unorthodox diving gear and or method's, and 100 others commenting and messing up the thread saying how bad it is, and how we will die,
I can't post in the DIR section,
We should have something like,
You have to do something unorthodox to post in this new thread,
Like I wanted to see how much pressure a disposable propane tank can hold before it blows up,
at about 950psi is the answer,
Nobody died!!! Just a plastic pail:)

Well, after this head swelling banter :wink: I have decided to be consistent (except when I am not) and go ahead forever more give the LP hose to second stage connection a slight touch of the wrench.

James

Well, after this head swelling banter :wink: I have decided to be consistent (except when I am not) and go ahead forever more give the LP hose to second stage connection a slight touch of the wrench.

James
Welcome to the 21st Century!

Welcome to the 21st Century!
Habits aquired when young and impressionable die hard! Thus I hear grey haired divers who have been diving a lifetime quote their instructors from 60 years ago. But the times are a changing and we must adapt!

James

Habits aquired when young and impressionable die hard! Thus I hear grey haired divers who have been diving a lifetime quote their instructors from 60 years ago. But the times are a changing and we must adapt!

James
LOL! Every time I don't turn my valve back 1/4 turn, I hope that XXX doesn't see me doing that!

Finger tight nuts, hoses or the like get wrench tight with use and poor rinsing, specially in sea water. Salt deposit in the threads make them tight and need a wrench to disassemble.

Finger tight nuts, hoses or the like get wrench tight with use and poor rinsing, specially in sea water. Salt deposit in the threads make them tight and need a wrench to disassemble.

You poor salt water divers, always having to rinse! ;-)

I do just slightly wrench tight.

It came up with a dive buddy and friend of mine who was helping me set up one of my regulators. He asked upon completion of adjustment because he had noted that the second stage to hose swivel connection had been only finger tight, if I wanted it to be snugged down.
Well thank goodness you've come to your senses. :-D I would be willing to bet your friend & buddy had an incident that caused a swivel o-ring to extrude during a dive. He was probably thinking of your safety when he made that hint. You ought to buy your friend a BAM at the next opportunity.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom