STOLEN Dive Trailer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Electrified hitch protection...I like it!

I've always thought it'd be a good idea to lock the hitch. You can bet there will be one on the new trailer or this one if we get it back. I had one on my travel trailer, a nice Masterlock that fit up inside the hitch with a collar...pretty hard to defeat. Not impossible, but it would have been a serious pain in the butt to get it off if I lost the key.

Thanks everyone for your attention to this!:D

I will defiantly keep a look out for it.

:confused: :confused:

Defiantly keeping a look out ?? :confused:
Is that sort of like participating under protest?

Keep an eye out for it....you can't miss it. It's an enclosed, small trailer about 8' long. It's painted red and white like a big dive flag and has We B Divin' all over it. It will stand out like a sore thumb.

Probably not anymore. If they took it for the contents it's probably in a river by now. If they took it for the trailer it's probably in a garage being repainted. Hope you find it though. Gonna have to find a way to chain down the next one.

What a mean thing to do! So sorry! I'm also thinking that it already has a new topcoat of paint, tho... the thieves know it sticks out like a sore thumb, they will disguise it right away. I'm just glad they stole it BEFORE you put all the new work and $ into it.

Hey, I'd put something on craigslist to alert people about it, and make sure to include the plate number...

As well as the VIN number so that when they carry the thing to the court house, and if by chance the clerks actually go outside to check the VIN numbers themselves they could see that it's been reported stolen.

Most of the time if you have the title to the trailer in hand with the VIN number they will simply re-issue you a tag, however when folks come in saying they lost their tag, or don't have a VIN number the clerks I think are supposed to go inspect it personally.

When you get it recovered, or replaced. I would be worth the 4 bucks a month to get that baby insured!

Kenny

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom