Stolen Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

edmdiver

New
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

In Edmond's on Sat, a Uwatec smart Z was stolen. Just the wrist unit was stolen. Whoever did it was probably not a diver because the transmitter was right next to it and also easy to steal. All I am asking is that if anyone is approached to buy it, please contact me. And if you can take down a description, license plate number, maybe get the guys phone number and address as if you are interested in buying it that would be great. Thanks.

Hi everyone,

In Edmond's on Sat, a Uwatec smart Z was stolen. Just the wrist unit was stolen. Whoever did it was probably not a diver because the transmitter was right next to it and also easy to steal. All I am asking is that if anyone is approached to buy it, please contact me. And if you can take down a description, license plate number, maybe get the guys phone number and address as if you are interested in buying it that would be great. Thanks.

That is scary. I was at Edmonds too on Saturday and I left my computer sitting out for a moment when I ran to the bathroom and realized how stupid it was later. I hope you the best of luck. I probably wont' be back up in Edmonds for a while since I'm on the other side of the sound but if I hear of anything I"ll let ya know.

Report it stolen to police, give the serial#, give diveshops serial#, if its a diver when they change the battery, or another easy fix, nail them to the wall.

Don't hesitate to give them a felony, even if they bought it stolen and can't prove it, its like spearing two fish with one spear, only buy if you know where it came from.

Happy Diving

Hi edmdiver:

If you are still in need of a SmartTec, PM me. I have one I am no longer using since I purchased a Sol a while back.

Dan

I'd recommend keeping an eye on e-bay, Craig's list, and the local pawn shops. When we had saddles stolen, we found them at a pawn shop.

Don't hesitate to give them a felony, even if they bought it stolen and can't prove it, its like spearing two fish with one spear, only buy if you know where it came from.
That's a ridiculous statement. People buy used stuff all the time. It's completely not reasonable for them to only buy something if they can, some how, trace its ownership all the way back to the manufacturer. It's not a deeded property like a house or a titled property like a car.

If you buy something with a serial number scraped off, or buy something that should sell for $1000 for $20, OK, fine. But in the average case of someone buying something used, with no obvious indication that it may have been stolen, to then say that the buyer is somehow deserving of a felony is just ridiculous.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom