Stiletto Bladder for Concept II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Overboard

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I am considering ordering a smaller bladder for my Concept II (which currently has the original 44lb. bladder). Would the 35 lb bladder from the Stiletto be an option? Is the construction the same as the original bladder? Is there another option to consider for warm water diving?

Thanks,
Mark

Any of the Stiletto bladders will fit on the Concept II.

The main difference is that the Stiletto bladders are a "single" bag bladder, while your Concept bladder is a "double" bag bladder (which means there is a urethane bladder inside a fabric shell.

For warm water, you could use either the 35# or the 24# Stiletto bladder, depending on your needs!

Thanks,

scott

Thanks Scott.

Are these ordered directly from Zeagle or through my dive shop?

Mark

Hi,

I am finally getting around to ordering a smaller bladder for my Concept II (I really like that BC). It seems there are more choices than I realized. Initially, I was thinkg of a Stiletto 35lb, but I see favorable comments about the HD Retractable bladder and the All Elastic bladder as well. A few questions:

1.) Will all fit my BC?
2.) Is there a reason to consider one over another? I had just assumed the Stiletto would be more durable. Maybe not?
3.) We only rec dive in tropical water. Nothing below low to mid 70's probably. Would an even smaller bladder work that might be easier to pack?
4.) Can I do the replacement myself? It looks like it shoudl be fairly easy.

Thanks,
Mark

Hi Mark!

I would probably stick to one of the Stiletto style of bladders for your BC. If you want something a little smaller, we make a 24lb lift version that would be nice on that setup.

If you can remove and replace tank bands, you can probably swap out your own bladder!! :)

Thanks,

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom