Steel tank ID help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
1969ivan1

1969ivan1

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a steel tank I am trying to ID so I can sell it. The tank is marked FABER 2400 made 1/95 dot 3aa-2400 96/9001. I suspect it is a steel 72 that scubapro sold a while back but wanted to make sure before I put it up for sale. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• AAA tank.jpg
    AAA tank.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 107
  • AAAtank2.jpg
    AAAtank2.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 100
I have a steel tank I am trying to ID so I can sell it. The tank is marked FABER 2400 made 1/95 dot 3aa-2400 96/9001. I suspect it is a steel 72 that scubapro sold a while back but wanted to make sure before I put it up for sale. Any help would be appreciated.
I saw your second message, someone got a nice tank. I had no clue scubapro stenciled tanks back then. Did you ever dove this 72cf prior to selling? Being in a warm water area, and not needing suits etc, it was really nice to drop most of my lead for a dive and have “extra air” and less bulk that comes with an AL80 not to mention it gets floaty towards the end of the dive.

Back in the mid 80's they stenciled Faber MP (3000#) 72's. Great little tank.
Thanks for the info 😊

I actually bought one not too long ago in 2020. Paid about $110 with new hydro. That was the tank that led me to now having (3) 133s, (1) 149, (1) PST 120 hp ($20) at a flea market and the scuba pro 72 lp. I love how little weight I required for a shallow dive. It completely sold me on steel tanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom