Steel 95 vs AL 80 ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd go with a hp 120 steel & end all doubts.......

EDIT: a hp 100 would work but the 120 would put you on easy street....

I'm in Key Largo, Dive Shop Haven, I looked at the FX-100 they are $339.00 here.

I can get a deal on the LP95 at $286......the guys at the shop with the LPs, say they fill them to 3000 all the time.... equal to or more than the 100HP ????

The price difference on used tanks is even more dramatic. HP100s rarely sell for under $250 (and don't come up as often), whereas LP95s are easily obtainable, often for under $150. If you already go to a shop that fills LP tanks to 3000+ psi, that's another benefit for LP.

The guy with the FX-100 was knocking the LP tanks BIG TIME. Said the LP will not HYDRO after being over filled ????????

He has no idea what he is talking about. Absolutely none. In fact, it's some make/models of HP tanks have had disturbing spates of failing their first hydro. LP95s are about as reliable as they make 'em.

Greetings Islandheart and everyone has to pay the piper! Let yourself adjust to diving once again and soon you will find your SAC / RMV will balance out. Just get some time in the water and relax!
I will say however that 95's are very awesome tanks and I love mine very much.
I fill them to 2640 or more not over 3000 most of the time. I have had no issues or failures "hydro's" as of yet. I think that you would be served well by the 95's or hp 100's. Both are great tanks and when your RMV / SAC rate increases you will notice a lot more gas for safer longer dives. Steel tanks are very sweet when it comes to weighting. You can lose some weight off the belt / BC.
Try them both out if possible and see for yourself what works best for you.
I love to try before you buy when ever I can. Good luck and have fun.
Welcome back to divng!
CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

I say HP 100's especially if your LDS overfills by 10% as mine does. I can feel the increase in drag of the larger (8") diameter cylinders negating some of the benefit of the extra capacity. By the way, I have two prestine OMS (Faber) grey cylinders availiable for sale. Orginal hydro-2001, current 11-08.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom