Stealth Travel Bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure about that. I once rented a 7mm wetsuit to someone who after diving it twice in the Atlantic, decided to leave it in her trunk inside a tied shut black garbage bag for three weeks in July/Aug. After about 5 reminder calls, she brought it back to the shop.

We stabbed the fully inflated bag in her trunk. The ‘aroma’ of the gas on release was beyond belief. The wetsuit had also started to rot. We refused to take it back. Took it straight to the dumpster. She had to pay for a replacement.
OK. That's gross.

Not sure about that. I once rented a 7mm wetsuit to someone who after diving it twice in the Atlantic, decided to leave it in her trunk inside a tied shut black garbage bag for three weeks in July/Aug. After about 5 reminder calls, she brought it back to the shop.

We stabbed the fully inflated bag in her trunk. The ‘aroma’ of the gas on release was beyond belief. The wetsuit had also started to rot. We refused to take it back. Took it straight to the dumpster. She had to pay for a replacement.
Thank you for this story, which I am quoting straight to my niece, who needs to develop better wetsuit rinsing habits.

I love the smell of Dettoll in the morning.

Which one? The Eagle Creek?
1659322603855.png

I agree that four wheels are fabulous at the airport, it’s when you leave the smooth, even surfaces that their shortcomings become obvious, and entertaining for spectators.
That's when you tip them and use 2 wheels only. Of course, the two wheels freely rotate so it can still be funny for others and annoying for me.

I will never check a bag with zippers... may as well not even put a lock on it.

My favorite is the Samsonite S'Cure hard side case.
I really like the concept but can't count on TSA to do up the side clips.

What size is yours? I think the largest sold now is 25"?

I own a 28" and two 25s.

I think I'm going to keep just one 25" since I now pack a bp/w and Go Sports instead of the huge fins and a stab jacket that required the 28".

I use the upper half for gear and the lower half for clothing etc. Regs and computer go in carry on.

I am using a outdoor products 47.5L "technical backpack" as a carryon. I replace the Al stays with the fins in the hydration pouch(which takes the weight under 2lbs) The BPW helps to stiffen. Regulator, masks, wetsuits, rash guards and accessories fit easily along with toiletries and charging gear. I strap a pair of sandals on the outside so I can wear my hiking shoes.
1661790116264.png

I like the comfortable waist strap and shoulder straps. I take a small outdoor products 17L pack as a personal item that has a few silk shirts, undergarments and hiking pants. This can get bungeed to the main pack. I typically hike gear to places (no taxi from the airport, I need the exercise after the flight). I use the pack to bike gear to shore dives(where I can rent tanks/weights close by). It is also nice for doing combined trek / diving trips to have a pack that is good trekking. (I would prefer to rent sleeping bag / tent / pad over dive gear). I am 50s and overweight so not some kind of fitness monster. This is a good enough stealth setup that I have had to convince airport authorities that the BPW isn't a parachute I am using to bail out of the plane. 2 years, 53 dives and 245 miles of trekking in three countries so far.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom