Stealth Travel Bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will never check a bag with zippers... may as well not even put a lock on it.

My favorite is the Samsonite S'Cure hard side case.

I will never check a bag with zippers... may as well not even put a lock on it.

My favorite is the Samsonite S'Cure hard side case.
Any type of TSA 'lock' can be opened with a cheap eBay master key. Even a good lock can be picked or jarred open in seconds. Nothing is secure after it leaves your sight.
Best to not think about it once it's left your hands. :)

Any type of TSA 'lock' can be opened with a cheap eBay master key. Even a good lock can be picked or jarred open in seconds. Nothing is secure after it leaves your sight.
Best to not think about it once it's left your hands. :)
True but a clamshell with a built in combination lock mechanism just needs a little crazy glue in the TSA key hole. :)

I use the Eagle Creek bag. I need as light a bag as possible, and this fit the bill nicely. my gear and clothes end up heavy and close to the weight limit. I do not want to compromise my gear for travel and the regs are in my carry on. The Eagle Creek bag works.
Can you throw a link up?

Can you throw a link up?
I also love my Eagle Creek No Matter What 28" wheeled duffel. The one I bought for $99 (it was half off at Sierra.com) is no longer available, but it's a great bag - and as the name says, the warranty is for 'no matter what', they will replace it. It's been on 6 dive trips since I got it in November of 2019 and still looks great. No regrets. Unfortunately, it looks like a similar bag now costs around $270 (it's a nicer bag and one inch longer). Maybe you can watch for it to go on sale? It's the CARGO HAULER XT WHEELED DUFFEL 90L/29".

EDIT: On the Eagle Creek website I don't see any bags with the No Matter What warranty anymore. Maybe that was discontinued as well?

EDIT: On the Eagle Creek website I don't see any bags with the No Matter What warranty anymore. Maybe that was discontinued as well?

I think that's just a problem with how they have their filtering set up. Both the Cargo Hauler bags - 90L and 120L say"

Covered by Eagle Creek’s No Matter What™ Warranty

in their descriptions.

I don't want anything with a dive brand or logo on it, as I don't want to attract attention from baggage handlers.
I suspect there's a higher risk of hockey gear being pilfered than SCUBA gear, but maybe that's just a Canada thing. ;-)

I use one of the updated lighter weight Akona Roller bags. It's significantly lighter than the original but hasn't lost any of the features I liked. I doubt "Akona" means mush of anything to a wannabee thief.

Patagonia black hole duffels. they have a rolling one, too. Indestructible, light, waterproof, and come in lots of different sizes / configurations.

Can you throw a link up?
I use this one. It weighs just over 4 lbs, meets airline checked baggage dimensions. Has wheels but no internal frame for a handle...to help keep bag weight down.
Except for Camera and computer, it holds my clothes, toiletries, my regs, fins, drysuit, gloves, thermals, Xdeep stealth 2.0, lights, other small items, no problem.
Loaded , it was 43lbs
Eagle Creek Cargo Hauler 110L

This one is my carry-on Eagle Creek 40L

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom