Staying in PDC - Help with diving in Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are useful links here:

tinyurl.com/7m3r6

Personally I like diving with Aldora. I can't tell what their "Diving from the Mayan Riviera" option means for you:

Diving Cozumel from the Mayan riviera

But you can walk to their office from the ferry. Or if they don't work for you, you can walk to the Aqua Safari office easily.

If another dive op works for you, it may be a cheap taxi to the Caleta or maybe the southern cruise ship pier (Dive with Martin???).

Personally, I think that taking the time to dive Cozumel will be worth the effort.

Last edited:
Just curious, but why is everyone saying 'given my limited experience'? B/c I have only 35 dives under my belt? I do have my AOW cert and did a 4 day/16 dive live aboard on the GBR. Since I have been to Australia, it's harder to impress me now. I don't mind trekking over to Coz if the 'better' diving is there.

Yes, that would be why. 35 dives is limited experience, even with half of them in Australia. You will have a good time, regardless of where you would choose. Obviously, since I live part-time in Coz, that is where I prefer to dive. But since you haven't much time for your trip, one day in Coz might be enough to give you a taste for the next time. Let us know how you fare after your trip, OK?

Just curious, but why is everyone saying 'given my limited experience'? B/c I have only 35 dives under my belt?

Sorry, I was referring to your experience in the area. I wouldn't say that after diving GBR you wouldn't be impressed with PDC, or Coz... it'll be different and for me that alone is usually impressive, YMMV. Please tell us what you think when you return.

Back
Top Bottom