Standardized Prices?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Then what happens when they move to t2 depths on the breather?

ok, what courses have you taken?

Aj, you live in Florida, you dive with the WKPP. If the CCR course bugs you so much go down to EE and talk to them about it.

If you want to get into D**k measuring with me then I'll get a ruler.

Otherwise let's just leave it.

Lel

I already said Ccr is a reasonable tool, just like sm. But I think one needs to know how to tech dive before diving a rebreather (any rebreather). I also really respect that the guys are diving the crap out of the JJ and doing a thorough analysis through the beta courses and real life diving before releasing the course. Way better than what Utd went through a number of years ago with the mx rebreather stuff.

So, what classes have you taken? You're the one that snapped back telling me you've taken gue courses. I was just curious as to which ones. If it's just fundies, then let's go ahead and conced that you're probably not 100% what the deal is in tech 1 or 2. If it was super easy, everyone who took it would pass (they are fundies grads, after all), but they don't.

But I think one needs to know how to tech dive before diving a rebreather (any rebreather).

Whole different thread. And one that should be taken into parent forum

So, what classes have you taken? You're the one that snapped back telling me you've taken gue courses.

You're the one that claimed I'd never taken any actually.

As above not interested in measuring johnsons

With oc diving you can do a lot, but for reall deep dives or long cavedives you need to dive CCR in my eyes. Not dir, but it is the best choice. And with ccr you need sometimes more than 2 stages bailout, even if your onboard diluent can be used as oc bailout. I cannot use my onboard diluent as oc bailout so I have to take always a bottomstage too.

And with ccr you need sometimes more than 2 stages bailout

I won't speak to caves as I haven't done a CCR cave course, but for any dive I've ever done where a rebreather is required I've needed more than two bailouts. I agree with AJ. People should get their 100m cards (from whatever training track they're on) before they jump to CCR.

I dived to 112m on oc with 17 minutes bottomtime, so really on the limits of oc. Then I said I need a ccr now. So I did. I never did a gue course. The reason I started so late with ccr was that I was not interested in the tool itself. I still like oc diving too. But you can go to ccr directly after adv. nitrox (or even earlier with the padi rec ccr courses). There is no evidence that divers who follow this way get more accidents than divers that do the oc way first. I like that I did the oc way first, I know how it is to be at 100+ on oc. Some ccr divers don't know and they have a much higher sac, even at rest than me( in panic it can be really high). Stagehandling and stuff I know from my oc diving.

Are you doing it in doubles and aiming for a tech pass? If you have the choice, you should. It's not everyday that you get a fundies scholarship.

Well, I'll tell you, I'm doing it in a single tank setup . . . After all, the original issue was that Fundies wasn't relevant to the recreational diver, right? :)

Single. Lynne's comment is the way I am approaching it. But I may observe a technical component or two :wink:

So.. I have a nice new DS that was sent away in Dec for warranty work and still is not back. As a result I am using my old weepy bilam. There will be some chuckles over that (I'm putting new duct tape on it just for show). My friend M is also working to get me a spare trilam and/or offering to let me use his brand new Viking (tried it out today at Porteau). It's very very nice but a bit big and I'm a little worried about floaty feet but we'll see how it all plays out. Otherwise, good to go.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom