standard 200ft dive.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

onohunter

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I've done several ledge dives with doubles (reg air) to 180+ft. bottom time on both is about 16min.
I follow the dive rite dou computer decomp and use a 99%o2 decomp.
the surface interval is 2hrs.
These dives have sparked my interest in tri-mix, along with wanting to go deeper.
I have searched the site for deep dive profiles and have found none.
would any of you Deep guru's care to share a dive profile to this depth? or beyond.
please give as much info as willing.
this is for satisfying my curiosity use only. thanks

Just out of curiosity, what kind of profiles were you using for your dives?

There's been some good advice in this thread and I would advise you to ask a qualified instructor. If for nothing else, an instructor can give you an idea of what's involved and what the dives are like.

Ha Ha, I was expecting that.
predictable
thank you fixxer for the links. if anyone else has simular links I would appreciate them.
As far as the tri-mix classes, I'm interested thats why I'm here. I am not deco certified, I will research it.
I've read the nitrox books. since the class is offered online I see no need to take a test to prove I read the book.
wedivebc, thanks for the heads up.
-to all: I'm under the impression that we are all here to further our knowledge of diving.
Please respond with content related to the topic.
Don't waste my or the other readers time with posts that are off topic or condesending.
Now would someone respond with a simular dive on mixed gas so I could get an idea of the benifits.

onohunter:
would any of you Deep guru's care to share a dive profile to this depth? or beyond.
please give as much info as willing.
this is for satisfying my curiosity use only. thanks

Very hard to determine a profile without knowing more than 180+ for about 16 min. The benefits of trimix are a lower pp02 since at 180' you are pushing the tox limits of air,plus less narcosis. I think people who comment for you to please consider getting some training mean well,my thoughts are just remember when you enter decompression technically you are in the overhead environment and there are a lot of considerations besides a Duo computer and 100% O2 for decompression gas. Good luck

There's plenty of decompression software around. Some you can even download free. Get some and you can run all the profiles you want. Formal training is a good idea but, in the mean time, there isn't anything stopping you from getting your hands on a trimix text and reading it.

As karstdvr said, using helium lets you control PPO2 and also PPN2. Thus, oxtox risks and narcosis are both addressed.

Do your homework,,,,study and seek an exper. instructor/mentor. Mix diving is a 'gas' when you are ready for it. Best of luck....be safe.

I'll be selling autographs on Ebay next week. carribeandiver gets one for free:wink:
I love it when a guy with less than a thousand dives, let alone less than a hundred reprimands me. but hey, you've been certified for almost a year now and you got almost 500 posts on this forum so you that counts for something, right?

I am looking for a glimpse inside the tech world. motivation to take another class. Most instructors I've met are big on books but little on experience. After diving with them I'd rate them as amatures.

I do not plan to plagorize anyones profile and claim it as safe for myself.

I've found one decompression software mentioned on the site. I found it yesterday while searching this site. would any of you be so kind as to offer links and input to your favorites. thanks. (might be better as a new thread)

BTW, I am aware of the risks involved. lets keep this thread on topic please.
Also looking for a good local tri-mix instructor but have not found one recommended. and have been researching the books. I believe there is already a thread on that.
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=169331&highlight=trimix+books

Many people travel to find good instruction. Or if you have buddies, get the instructor to fly to you.

Since your profile does not include your location, its hard to know where you are in the world and who is nearby.

onohunter:
Don't waste my or the other readers time with posts that are off topic or condesending.

On topic question for you.

Suppose when you switch to the O2 bottle the reg freeflows or it blows the O ring.

How much gas do you need to do the deco on air? Do you have enough? Do you have any idea ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom